I think........
......this summer has just been crazy, and I'd be a bigfatliar if I said blogging has been even remotely a priority. You are likely well aware, it has not been.
......I need to keep reminding myself that God really DID promise never to flood the earth again like He did when Noah was around. After getting 12 inches of rain in our little town in 48 hours, and the threat of more rain again tonight.....it's hard to remember that. THANKFULLY, we have had only a trickle of water in our basement.
......College football season really is almost here and I can.not WAIT! Ahh! This year I'm hoping for more complete domination and less weekly cardiac arrest from my Iowa Hawkeyes.
......I'd like to get a white #9 Iowa Hawkeye Jersey. I gave Jesse a black one for his birthday last year, so my options are either be
......that I should not have tried so hard to get my mouth to come back to life after having cavities filled this morning. My mouth HURTS! But it wasn't very fun having my upper right and lower left sides of my mouth numb. Not a pretty picture.
.......I'm really sorry to those of you who have nothing better to do with your internet time {ahem, Jan} but to read my blog as it has been an utter bore for the last 3 weeks. I have been really busy, and I do have lots to update on, but as the days tick by, the task of updating gets all the more daunting, so as you may have noticed....I just haven't.
......lastly, I need book suggestions for our upcoming vacation {T-Minus 2 1/2 weeks}. I'm looking to channel my inner good book reader that went on hiatus when I stepped on a college campus in the fall of 2002. Also....looking for Mexico vacation tips & tricks. Come one, come all!
















6 comments:
The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks is good, if you're a Nicholas Sparks kind of gal. A nice entertaining, easy read. Justin even liked it! He read it in Jamaica when he had finished all his other books, so I gave him that one out of my stack to read.
As far as Mexico...it's gonna be hot! Travel day is the worst, but the relaxation you have while you're there is totally worth it! Enjoy yourself!
Any book by Randy Alcorn is fantastic! And by fantastic I mean super duper fantastic. He is a Christian author, fiction and non-fiction. His mysteries are some of the best I've read. He has a murder mystery trilogy that is excellent: Deadline, Dominion, and Deception. But if you're not into that check out Safely Home. Its truly a great book. I know that Safely Home is in the church library but I don't know about the others- pretty sure they are in the public library though. You don't have to read them in order either; personally, my favorite is Deception. ~Becca
I definitely sympathize with people who are going through flooding... what a mess!
The Help - Kathryn Stockett. Girl - you will love every blasted word.
geez Katie, you have the BEST ideas for blogging!!! Sound off is PERFECT!!! maybe I will do a "what's bugging Kelli" segment on mine. hmmm..... I too have been a slacker at blogging. Summer is the perfect excuse.
Remmeber I had a post about books, not sure if they are your type, but I loved loved LOVED them, and easy to relate to for middle (or near) middle aged moms.
I just read a couple good ones by Nancy Moser--The Good Nearby, for one. I agree about Alcorn.
Post a Comment