Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sometimes.....I Do Dumb Stuff

Yesterday I alluded to some complete stupidity that I had.... you see sometimes I just say dumb stuff and THINK dumb stuff...if only what happened on my birthday were the only dumb thing I ever did ...
There's more!!! Here's the goods:

My Bible School class was gathering on Thursday morning after the opening time. We were taking attendance and I was directing the kids to their seats for the Bible lesson.

One particular little girl was dancing around the room and without thinking OR checking her nametag....you know,  because I KNEW her name, I said "Serendipity, please go have a seat with the other kids."

Immediately I thought to myself.......what kind of parent names their kid Serendipity......SER-en-DIPITY....what do you call her Sara for short?! I just could never name my kid something with "dipity" as a part of the word.....no matter what fruity meaning it had....

She quietly obeyed and walked over to the chair and sat down, and I looked down at her seated with the kids and saw her crumpled little name tag said "Serenity".........

...Oh if I only had a brain.

2 comments:

Chandra said...

lol...funny how God sometimes makes us eat our words!

Lorie said...

This totally sounds like something I'd do!