Friday, May 7, 2010

Tulip Time 2010


We had SOOOO much fun at Tulip Time last night.


We like to go on Thursday nights instead of Friday night or Saturday because it is sooo not busy. 

That way.....the lines for these guys are less long. 

{I get my own plate because Jesse doesn't like strawberries....darn}

We saw pretty tulips and ate yummy food.
We saw the parade....and the boys loved it.


Although.....for one reason or another, we are QUITE the Freak Show...

I'm going to be making T-Shirts that say "It Could Happen to You"

and one for Jesse that says "We Can HEAR You!"

....people!


Who knew Tulip Time wasn't ALL about Dutch Letters and Poffertjes?!
Happy Candy Bar Pizza to me!!! 
Another reason to go on Thursdays: no lines at Jaarsma's Bakery!


And my cuties enjoying the parade...

{Owen's new funny face}


....AND......we're done. 

Happy Weekend Everyone!

6 comments:

sarah said...

I don't know how I came across your blog, but I did, and I've been wanting to send you a message but can't find your email. Anyway, this post cracked me up! Because it is ExacTly what we used to say at tulip time while pushing a triple stroller:). Our boys are now 4,3,3. (14 months apart). I love the t-shirt idea!!! "it could happen to you" .
Is your email somewhere on your blog? I'd love to chat with you, I love reading your blog because the memories come flooding back and I love your sense of humor about the "situation" we were blessed with.

Debbi said...

That is just so, so sad about Jesse not liking strawberries {grin}.

I love the t-shirt idea. I will totally buy one if you make them!

So glad your family got to have such a great time.

Debbi

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Hey Marathon Momma :) Thanks for reading! I love hearing from readers through comment or e-mail!
Up on my navigation bar, far right Contact--click on it and it'll bring up my e-mail.
Otherwise, it's johnstonbabyfactory@gmail.com :)

une autre mère said...

Too cute! You should totally make T-shirts! We were super bummed b/c we planned on going to the parade Saturday, but then the weather got so stinkin' cold and windy and rainy that we didn't think it was best for our already runny-nosed kids. :( Next year...

See you tomorrow! :)

Unknown said...

Fun! I miss going to Tulip Time. What a smart thing to go early. Those lines get ridiculous! Your post made me very hungry. Too bad I don't have yummy food like that in the fridge.

We were at Adventureland a few days ago with the teens and we walked by some teens that said, "Why would you brind a baby here?!?" And I said to myself, "Because I didn't want to stay home by myself with him!" It's funny the things people say. But only we know how blessed we are, and why things are the way they are. You have a beautiful family!

Michelle said...

hahaha! love the t-shirt idea. you should SO do it....hey i bet you could see 'em on etsy too.

okay, what is that yummy goodness topped off with strawberries?