Thursday, April 29, 2010

Yay's & Nay's: Part 3. It's Been a Week

The 3rd week of my little series. And I tell you what, it has been a week, that is for sure.

We're going to start with the Nay's this week. But rest assured there will still be on more Yay than Nay.

Feel free to join in the fun, if you want!!

NAY #1. 
Yesterday morning I was awaken to a phone call from our neighbor. Our dogs had just run through her yard.
Seriously?! With 3 sleeping children How am I supposed to run around and find them!?!?
So my mom came while I drove around looking for them. No luck.

The best part? We have reason to believe that someone LET them out. Great idea. I'm impressed.

YAY #1.
Around 11am yesterday, I got a phone call from a guy who had our dogs. Only about 14 blocks south of where we live...So Brody & Major are home safe and sound.  

NAY #2.
Judging from the day I had yesterday, you may not be surprised to hear that I didn't shower until around 5:30pm. No lie. Yes, I ran around town completely skankified. It was awesome.
What's better? 
I completely forgot to put on deoderant and realized....oh about mid-Youth Group last night that I smelled....horrible.

Laugh it up.....if only that was it...

YAY #2. 
I've spent a lot of time in the last week talking to Hayden about his upcoming birthday.  He doesn't have a clue other than "I BE TWOOOO". 

 But I keep talking to him about how just Hayden and Mommy are going for a drive in the car...We're going to go see Miss Katie and get his pictures taken. And THEN we're going to go have lunch with Amy and his friend Lily. 

He's excited. and so am I :) 

NAY #3.
I have to admit, my laundry skills are im-press-ive. You would be jealous. 

Except for the fact that I may or may not have changed the laundry {you know put the wash in the dryer} only to find a {ahem} diaper washed to shreds.

I'll let you deduce what happened.

YAY #3.
I am so excited for Hayden's birthday party on Sunday. I've really gone from sad that he's turning two to being just plain excited for him. Really.
I am however, moderately sad that I had to order a cake instead of making him a cake because I will be gone all weekend :(

YAY #4.
I am so excited to show you all what we got him for his birthday. 
It is...so cute. Oh my. 

This really does outweigh the dogs being lost for 4 hours, forgetting to have good personal hygeine & washing a dirty diaper. 

4 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Amy and Lily are excited too :)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

...skankified...hilarious! So totally been there and will be there again!
Have a great time celebrating Hayden's birthday!

une autre mère said...

Glad you found your dogs. I thought it'd be fun to let them run around the neighborhood for awhile. Sorry. :) And your forgetfulness in the hygiene department had me rolling!

H-Mama said...

What a cute post. glad your dogs are home safely! so cute. a mama who has little opportunity for hygiene is one busy mama. laughing is good. ;) have fun at the party!