That's why when Kelsey @ The Seattle Smith's had in her blog carnival "Wishful Wednesday" a question about the Olympics, I could hardly even resist.
'I wish' .... I could have gone to the 2010 Winter Olympics to see one event, and it would have been USA/Canada Gold Medal Hockey Game
I have to admit. There are a LOT of events I would've loved to see. Shaun White & the Half Pipe, Evan Lysacek and the Men's long program, Lindsey Vonn and the Downhill, Steve Holcomb and the 4 Man bobsled but this ONE event was like no other.
A border battle. For all the marbles. For all the bragging rights. And it did NOT disappoint. 60 minutes of nail biting hockey PLUS overtime. And I'm not a Hockey die-hard. I don't know all the lingo, and the constant possession changes drive me out of my mind. But there was something additionally special aboeut this game and it kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. And Zach Parise tying the game with 24 SECONDS to go...be still my heart!
I was thrilled for the Canadians to win the gold medal. You could see it in the faces of the crowd how MUCH it meant to their country to win the gold medal on home soil. I wouldn't have given back the gold medal had the USA won, but if they had to lose to anyone, I'm glad it was Canada.
Again, I am an American, and I love my country, but it kind of gave me chills hearing the entire crowd singing 'O Canada'.
That's what the Olympic games are all about, folks.
**If you wanna participate in Kelsey's fun 'meme', head over to her blog and check out others and Link Up!!


















7 comments:
That game was super intense but so great to watch :)
Crazy intense game.! Wish I was there too.!
Cute blog layout!! And I agree, the hockey was amazing!!!
I'm just gonna be honest...I got tired of the Olympics. I mostly only watched the women's figure skating...can we still be friends? :)
Hockey is the one sport my husband and I can watch comfortably together. I actually like it as much as he does!
Great choice!
Ooo...me too! I loved seeing all the beautiful mountains in Canada too! I would have wanted to be at the half-pipe snowboarding event! Actually...just take me to the whole thing! I'd like to work for NBC...just for those two Olympic weeks!
The hockey came was so intense, that would have been awesome!
Post a Comment