Is there anything more annoying about being an adult than Spring Break.
The week in the middle of the semester when the outdoors begins to show signs of life and there is NO SCHOOL......
Hot Dang.
I'm going on my 6th year with no spring break, and even though I don't work it's not like I have spring break. I have yet to get used to the idea. Every year I seem to forget about spring break, and then all of the sudden I notice things like....Junior highers out til 10pm on a school night and I think....'What are these parents thinki...oh YEAH...spring break!'
That was my night last night. Hanging out at a local coffee house all by myself. Looking like I barely even showered for the day with my hair all nice and skanked out and my glasses making me look like I really TRIED hard to look presentable, or just completely slobbish...thinking I could study for this Saturday {puking in my mouth} with a little quiet......nice. try. Katie.
Every middle schooler and their baby sister were out late. It was fantastic.
Okay, so I DID get quite a bit done, but wow, I think even sitting in a corner trying to ignore the whole world I about got tripped over by a flying 8th grader a gabillion times. That's right, a gabillion.
Dear Spring Break, you're all nice for the kiddos, but I need you to be over so this town and everyone in it can go back to normal. kthanks,bye.
The only thing that Spring break is good for, is fun getaways and sleeping in....I don't foresee myself doing either of those things.
Guess I shoulda been a teacher.....
I'm ready for next Monday to be here. Or maybe just Saturday evening would be good.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















8 comments:
We're having our spring break now too! The only part that I enjoy about it is getting to sleep in and not having to drive anyone to school!!!
I don't have a spring break from school this year but we are out for the summer in May and then I'll have your job! :) I can't wait!
I shipped both of the kids off to grandparents for the week. While I still have work at 8 am every day, the nights - are all my own! Can you imagine, a house that STAYS clean for more than a minute? It is possible.
I am sooo with ya on this one! I keep thinking, "Spring Break? Whats that??"
I heart spring break! But then again... I married a teacher! :) However, I really just wish my husband had the week off and not all the middle schoolers. I hate going to Target or the mall thinking it'll be nice and quiet like normal and then WHAM - it's full of big kids making out all over. Ick.
I totally agree....at times like these, spring break, Christmas, and summer....I should've been a teacher, what was I thinking?!
Oh, don't even get me started on how UNNECESSARY SPring Break is, unless you can afford a tropical vacation!!!!! I am still working. Helloooo kids, we are not running around 24 / 7 !!!! and how dumb to have a Spring Break, when they have to still attend school into 1/2 the flipping SUMMER !!! grrrrr.......
Bahaha! No kidding. :P I could use a spring break. Spring break for my Jesse and me means we get a bunch of overtime at work, because all the "young punks" call in!
Post a Comment