Friday, March 19, 2010

Caffeinated Random: Middle O' March


I seriously cannot believe it is the middle of March already--seriously, so crazy! And March Madness has started! Woo! Okay, cept I forgot to fill out a bracket. It must be the SAHM thing....someone asked me yesterday morning if I filled out a bracket, I said 'No, not yet, I will before tomorrow'. Unfortunately, I had little grasp on the fact that it was Thursday and the games had already started and I couldn't bring myself to cheat like that...

Super excited for our local University of Northern Iowa! Way to beat UNLV!! And....well, lucky them, get to play Kansas tomorrow....I'm not a pessimist, but I am a realist...it could be a very ugly game.

Tomorrow is THE day. The one I've been dreading preparing & praying for since January. I have some finishing touches to do today and some practicing in the mirror. I have to admit, all though I have had my outline and major dialogue prepared for a little while, this week I have spent many a late night second guessing myself....26 hours from now, it'll all be over. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....
No for reals, though, please just pray for me if you think about it, that God will work inspite of me, and that I really will be prepared.

Spring really is here, except today it's supposed to snow. Possibly up to 6 inches. Which really is ridiculous.  Easter is right around the corner, and maybe its just me, but candy is so so so hard to resist in spring colored wrapping.....so we may or may not have bite size snicker bars AND Reeses Peanut Butter cup eggs next to our Girl Scout Cookies....hehehe...maybe that Curves membership wasn't such a bad idea after all ;)

Last week when I propositioned for a refrigerator cleaner for $50 .....my wonderful husband cleaned out the entire fridge! Now I'm looking for a clothes folder and put- awayer.....takers??? Please??

Seeing none...I gotta go. Unfortunately, this post was rather boring.....but I've got loads to do today.

Happy weekend!

11 comments:

Kelly said...

What are you speaking at? I'm sure you'll do great! I hate talking in front of people, but somehow it always turns out ok :) Happy Friday.

Emily said...

I LOVE that my hometown team beat a Mountain West team. WOOOOOOT!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I'm praying for you Katie - I know the {pukey- butterflies having a party in the ol' tummy} feeling of prep for public speaking.
I pray it will be a really great time for you and you will be a blessing!!

Tracy said...

You are a busy girl! I pray that you make it through your ordeal. Hang in there.

Blessings.

Bobbi said...

You'll do great! Praying for ya! Have a great weekend!

jubilee said...

I am currently avoiding the loads I should be doing today. Laundry can wait, right?! ;)

une autre mère said...

WOOHOO - Go PANTHERS! I'm also very proud of one of my former colleges. You do know I attended 5 right? So one of them is BOUND to be in the tournament games. This year I've got MSU to cheer for too! I actually have them winning the whole thing (like last year), so they'd better do well tonight or my bracket is doomed!

Praying for you tomorrow! I know you'll do great - you've got God on your side... can't beat that! :)

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you are going through - I had the exact same doubts running through my head before Wednesday. Don't listen to them! Satan is trying to get you down, but you know what? You are going to do wonderfully, because you are doing exactly what God wants you to be doing right now! And He will speak through you and give you everything you need to get through tomorrow. So have fun and enjoy!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Andrea is right... you are going to do wonderfully because you are doing what God wants you to be doing!! :)

You are from Iowa... hello neighbor! ;) Husker here... and we did get a bit of snow, so everything is white once again. But I don't think it will stick around too long.

Way to go hubby... don't you just love it when your husband does a job you just dread?!

~Jennifer

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Praying for you! You'll do great--I know the ladies will love you, too! I'm impressed you still have Girl Scout cookies left...ours have vanished way to quickly!

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

I JUST experienced this, too! I was asked to share my crazy life story and faith journey (a testimony) with our MOPS group and though I used to speak in groups for my job, sharing your heart is totally different. Andrea is correct - watch out for the spiritual warfare. I always dismissed it but it is real and alive...:) Hope it is going well - you are probably speaking as I type this!