So I need something kind of 'brain-free' today....my back is still killing me. {boooo, hisssss}. I totally thought I was doing much better til this morning when I went to get out of a chair and my back grabbed and squeezed.....not.cool.
Here goes, an Olympic Random:
1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be? So I'm assuming you're asking if I'd want to, not if I'm qualified, so I would say...maybe Diving {only if I were reallllly good}, Gymnastics {again, only if I were really good--you could really hurt yourself!}, or Short track speed skating {ditto the others}.
2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?
Michael Johnson winning the 100m in Atlanta. The Tara Lipinksi/Michelle Kwan debachle. Seriously, Michelle Kwan was such a baby about all of that stuff.
3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?
Well, not technically. I've been within 100 feet of Shawn Johnson {twice}. That's our Iowa claim to fame. AND.....Jesse's cousin Amber actually turned DOWN the Olympic Volleyball team {twice}...so yeah,
4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?
Diaper changing? I don't know....I'm a pretty good multi-tasker.
5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?
Danish. Maybe a lil french. Mostly Anglo-Saxon, caucasian ;)
6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?
Ummmmmmm duh. I try and squeak out every last possible minute of sleep that I can. Much to the displeasure of Jesse.
7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.)
No and yes. CPR certified. But oddly the 3 hr class you take doesn't instill a lot of confidence that if I were in the situation that I would be able to perform CPR.
8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why.
Italy. Israel. Greece. Australia. I know that's 4, but sue me.....they all have their lures...but if I were making a Bucket List, they'd probably all be on it.
9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?
Why, yes, yes I have....not that I'm completely responsible. I'll give God and my husband a little credit as well, but my sister and her fiance' kind of pretty much have Jesse and I and God to thank for that. You're welcome.
{They got engaged last Saturday, which is why I'm tooting the horn a little extra today}
10. What is the last book you read?
I'm not much of a reader. Still going through 'Created to Be His Helpmeet', not setting any records, but that isn't the point with this one.
11. How do you feel about Men's Figure Skating?
Well.....glad you asked ;), I personally mostly enjoy it. You can't deny that they are extremely talented, more so than the Women's Figure Skating. The outfits are a tad much for me, but I'm still cheering Evan Lysacek for Gold! {Seriously, his short program last night was ridiculous!}
12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant? Oh dear...
...Taso's {local}, Chicken Fajita Salad, w/ no green peppers or onions, warmed up chicken with Honey Mustard dressing
...Old Chicago, Meat Me Deep Dish pizza, {We always share}, & Italian Nachos for an appetizer.
....Mi Ranchito {local mexican}, Fried Chicken Chimichanga, with cheese, tomatoes and guacamole on top, extra rice, no beans and a Pepsi. {this is usually incredibly hard to communicate, so most of the time it comes with lettuce and sour cream, too}
1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be? So I'm assuming you're asking if I'd want to, not if I'm qualified, so I would say...maybe Diving {only if I were reallllly good}, Gymnastics {again, only if I were really good--you could really hurt yourself!}, or Short track speed skating {ditto the others}.
2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?
Michael Johnson winning the 100m in Atlanta. The Tara Lipinksi/Michelle Kwan debachle. Seriously, Michelle Kwan was such a baby about all of that stuff.
3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?
Well, not technically. I've been within 100 feet of Shawn Johnson {twice}. That's our Iowa claim to fame. AND.....Jesse's cousin Amber actually turned DOWN the Olympic Volleyball team {twice}...so yeah,
4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?
Diaper changing? I don't know....I'm a pretty good multi-tasker.
5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?
Danish. Maybe a lil french. Mostly Anglo-Saxon, caucasian ;)
6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?
Ummmmmmm duh. I try and squeak out every last possible minute of sleep that I can. Much to the displeasure of Jesse.
7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.)
No and yes. CPR certified. But oddly the 3 hr class you take doesn't instill a lot of confidence that if I were in the situation that I would be able to perform CPR.
8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why.
Italy. Israel. Greece. Australia. I know that's 4, but sue me.....they all have their lures...but if I were making a Bucket List, they'd probably all be on it.
9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?
Why, yes, yes I have....not that I'm completely responsible. I'll give God and my husband a little credit as well, but my sister and her fiance' kind of pretty much have Jesse and I and God to thank for that. You're welcome.
{They got engaged last Saturday, which is why I'm tooting the horn a little extra today}
10. What is the last book you read?
I'm not much of a reader. Still going through 'Created to Be His Helpmeet', not setting any records, but that isn't the point with this one.
11. How do you feel about Men's Figure Skating?
Well.....glad you asked ;), I personally mostly enjoy it. You can't deny that they are extremely talented, more so than the Women's Figure Skating. The outfits are a tad much for me, but I'm still cheering Evan Lysacek for Gold! {Seriously, his short program last night was ridiculous!}
12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant? Oh dear...
...Taso's {local}, Chicken Fajita Salad, w/ no green peppers or onions, warmed up chicken with Honey Mustard dressing
...Old Chicago, Meat Me Deep Dish pizza, {We always share}, & Italian Nachos for an appetizer.
....Mi Ranchito {local mexican}, Fried Chicken Chimichanga, with cheese, tomatoes and guacamole on top, extra rice, no beans and a Pepsi. {this is usually incredibly hard to communicate, so most of the time it comes with lettuce and sour cream, too}
















10 comments:
I definitely think you would win the gold in diaper changing! Great answers. Hope your back is better soon.
Mmm...totally craving Old Chicago now, thanks for that :)
it's funny that you mentioned going through "created to be his helpmeet" because i have pulled it off the shelf a number of times in the past weeks. yesterday, my 11 month old pulled it off the shelf and now i see it here? maybe someone is telling me it's time to re-read the bugger!
love reading your blog! i went to a year of college at faith with jesse...and i'm from northern minnesota as well (duluth)! your boys are darling!
I bet you'd be a tough one to beat in a diaper-changing competition. I'll just hand you the gold for that one!
Yep, I think you get the gold in diaper changing. Enjoyed your answers. Thanks for sharing.
until next time... nel
my husband was a 1st responder @ the Atl '96 games and he got to watch michael win his gold in person...the pics from that night are awesome to look at in our album :)
Some of those outfits some of the men wear for figure skating are something else. LOL.
Shawn Johnson went to my high school. West Des Moines Valley, however, I graduated many many years before her. Diaper changing...love that.
Great answers
Amy
As far as confidence goes in CPR - if they aren't breathing and don't have a pulse... they are dead. Pump on their chest - you really can't screw it up. That should boost your confidence :)
Dick and I love Old Chicago, Meat Me Deep Dish and Italian Nachos!!!!! Come up and we will meet you there.
Nita
Post a Comment