It really is inevitable.
One of these days my biggest dream *slash* worst nightmare will come true.
Really, in all reality it will be for the better and after I cower in embarassment for a little while, I'll bounce back.
I mean, Clinton & Stacy aren't THAT intimidating, are they?!
Eventually, my friends, family and innocent bystanders are going to get pretty tired of looking at my slob-ish self and just turn me in.
But something about this show never made sense to me until just recently.
Obviously, my role will be the "Stay- At -Home -Mom -who- runs- around- town -in -sweats-and-doesn't-do-anything-for-herself" contestant.
I've watched these contestants before and thought "Eww, just wear a sweater and jeans around town instead of the sweats, I mean don't you even care about your appearance at ALL?!?"
Enter Exhibit A:
Or better known as "The Reason I don't wear nice clothes or sweaters around the house OR around town for that matter"
Do you see what that is.....up on the shoulders?
Yes as a matter of fact, that is BOOGERS and SNOT.
Hot, I know.
Okay, gross! Because I spend my day cuddling, feeding, disciplining, comforting, and playing with little boys.
And little boys hurt themselves and they go "kaboom" quite often, and in cuddling said little boys, their noses run and run and run. But it is a special measure of love they give to me when as they are drying up their tears, they "nestle" their faces against my shoulder.
AKA Wipe their snot all over my shoulder.
So, Clinton & Stacy, I'm not going to turn away your $5000 wardrobe. I promise I won't, BUT understand I CAN'T giveaway all my hoodies and I refuse to let a $300 sweater be ruined because my son blew his nose in it....
....just sayin' ;)
















14 comments:
I've already decided that if I were ever on that show I would hide certain items of clothing that I don't want to part with :)
Love that show...and you are hilarious.
Just sayin. :-)
I totally agree. I don't wear anything unless it's okay to get spit up or poop on it...
LOL!! Thanks for the laugh!!
Hey, is that my sweatshirt? I swear I have one with boogers just like that!
Being the "jewelry lady," I actually try and wear "normal" clothes when I'm in public (just because it's inevitable that I'll run into customers/hostesses and they'll be checkin' out the jewelry)... but almost every time I get home and finally get a chance to glance in the mirror, I see big white spit-up/snot spots all over my nice shirts. So even when I try to look good, I end up looking like a doof.
Nic makes fun of me because I only wear sweats all day, and everytime I get spit up on or used as a kleenex I rub it in to him that this is the reason why sweats all day!!!
You are hilarious! :)
So funny! You think if they turn you in, you could take me w/ you :)??
They can't take the "husband's hoodies", can they?
Um...Katie can't really comment here. She ALWAYS looks beautiful and I'm pretty sure her children have never had any goobers, ever...just saying.
Spit up and boogies are accessories, no?!
LOL!! Oh girl... I think every mom has some of those clothes! I just happen to only wear them, as nice clothes and I do not agree with each other! :)
You are too funny!
Blessings-
Amanda
You do NOT have a $300 sweater, do you?! lol
I used to watch that show a lot, and I thought it'd be fun to be nominated and get $5000 for clothes!! Never gonna happen, so I try to do what I can to look somewhat presentable.
Great to see IRBC sweatshirts being advertised! I also love that show and wouldn't mind the little bit of embarrassment to get $5,000 for a new wardrobe. How in the world can anyone spend that much on clothes though! I'd feel terrible wasting all that money like that. Yep, I'm a thrift store junkie!
I've always said the same thing. If I ever got on this show (and at this rate I can't believe no one has nominated me yet, LOL) I would not part with some items. There's no way I'm going to spend $300 on a shirt just to have my kid wipe something on it. Even if it is someone else's $300, I can't bring myself to do that. :)
Post a Comment