Friday, February 26, 2010

Caffeinated Randomness: End of the Week, Month & Olympics


Well, it's the end of the week....finally. 
I don't know what it is about winter, but everyday seems like Friday, and it's frustrating to realize that it's only Tuesday.

The End of the Olympics this weekend.
After the Ladie's Figure Skating last night, I was thrilled that the top 6 all skated well {no falls, nothing traumatic}. And each was judged on their best performance.
Everyone on the podium medaled because they did so well, not because they messed up and "it cost them the Gold".

I feel horrible for Sven Kramer. A FOUR second lead on the rest of the pack in the Men's 10,000 Speed Skating, 
and DQ'd for a error in judgement by his coach. 
Doesn't that just make you wanna puke?! 

Joannie Rochette --so proud of her! What courage and grace she handled herself with! I couldn't skate across the rink, let alone under such circumstances.

Not with the intent of offending any other countries or people from other countries who visit my blog....but doesn't the USA have the best National Anthem ever?? It is just beautiful!

Maybe it's being 'surrounded' with stellar athletes for the past couple of weeks, or maybe it was the reflection of myself in a glass door last night, or maybe it's the thought that in 5 1/2 months I have to wear a bridesmaid's dress and in 6 months I need to be "swimsuit ready" {vacation!!!!!}, but I am going on a diet.
Effective........immediately. 

Today is the last "weekday" of February.
In less than a month.....spring will be here {and the crowd goes wild.......}
Hard to believe because we still have more than a foot of snow on the ground.
But fortunately for us, my husband bought a snowblower last week {I know, just in time for winter, right?!}, so if it's not all gone in a couple of weeks, we may just clean our whole yard with it, my regards to our neighbors :)

Happy weekend everyone!

8 comments:

une autre mère said...

I also enjoyed watching the ladies' figure skating last night and was amazed by how well they all did. They all deserve gold in my book... which is probably why I'm not a judge.

Happy Friday to you too!

peter marie said...

I was too tired to watch skating last night so I caught up on it this morning and have been bawling my eyes out. Is it possible to watch the Olympics and NOT cry?!
Happy Weekend!

Unknown said...

Where will you be vacationing?

Hattie said...

I've actually enjoyed the games this year. My favorite of course was Shaun White! Awesomeness!!! I can't wait to see the USA men's hockey game either! Hope you have a great weekend!

Tracy said...

We didn't even watch. One time I know the women's snowboarding was on, but that is it. I can't believe it. We have lamented all of our shows being off.

Spring is definitely coming. How exciting, aside from the getting in better shape part.

The Sneaky Mommy said...

As much as I love my birthday month, I am not sad to see it go this year! We have some serious spring fever! Our boys are wearing some new flip flops and watching hockey...hope avails!
It's going to be sad to lose the wholesome tv that the Olympics provides! I love every part of them, too!

Erin said...

I so loved your snowblower comment. Go for it! Clean your entire yard!

Jamie said...

Oh girl, I am SO ready for spring!!!