Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Around My House--January

I'm resurrecting an old "list". The January, Mid-Winter "Blahs" are definitely setting in, and I don't want to completely bore you to tears with lots of "randoms", which is the alternative.

Reading: The Haiti Blog....wondering....and praying....

Enjoying:  Not having to brave the cold every morning.....being a 'Stay At Home Mom' definitely has it's perks!

Learning:  "The heart of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Watching: My youngest son torture his middle brother by taking his paci and gettin all up in his business....Aww, my poor Owen.

Anticipating: March 20. Ladies Meetings. Theme: "Blooming Where You are Planted"

Realizing: Football will be over next Sunday. *sad face* GO COLTS!

Studying: The concepts of obedience, submission and reverencing my husband, regardless of his worthiness of my honor. {Not saying he's a schmuck of a husband, but learning this now may come in handy later....because, let's face it, we're all human}

Wondering: who the idiot was who hacked into my BIL's e-mail account, then started TALKING TO ME on G-mail last night......idiot.

Remembering: that my New Years goals aren't going to accomplish themselves....oooh boy.

Praying: for smiling faces and happy babies on Saturday for Family pictures!!!!

9 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Family pictures! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Its interesting you are contemplating the concept of submission, because I have as well! I am planning to post my thoughts on my blog over the next several days... I'll be interested in your opinion on the question I'm posting today. :)

Anonymous said...

I think I have some of those same winter time blahs. I also need to remember that my New Year's goals take work. I just can't seem to get motivated.

-FringeGirl

Amy said...

Goals are just so much work...geez!!

I love this post.

Amy

Erin said...

Can't wait to see the family pictures! I'll pray for smiles.

Amanda said...

What a great post... lots of reminders in there I needed!! Love that Psalm you quoted.

Blessings-
Amanda

Michelle said...

one of the things i love most about being a stay at home mom....not having to leave the house on freezing cold mornings ;)

Annie said...

family photos! fun! i can't wait to see :)
kinda wishing i had a babe and was a stay at home mom...i'll just sit here at work and be envious ;) jk!

hope you are having a great day hun!!

H-Mama said...

Agreed! I love not 'having to' get dolled up first thing in the morning every morning while getting the kids ready too. Through the cold, the rain... Whew!