EDIT***So, After failing to be able to link up with Kelly because her 'Show Us your Life' is MIA today, I realized it's because she linked up with the Nester this past week. My bad. I really should pay more attention ;)
I have to admit that this year's Christmas season began with a big fat
"bah-humbug" from me.......so if you don't think my decoration is awesome, you can blame that....AND the fact that I have one very curious 19 month old whom I would rather not have un-decorating my house ;)
So here we go.....
I do love our 9 1/2 foot slim, pre-lit tree
'Tis tre magnifique!!
The doily snow flakes were made by my grandma...
I liked the little bulbs.....til I had a mobile kid.....
Next year those will NOT be on my tree, have a feelin'....
What am I sayin? They're hardly on my tree as it is --
{again with the un-decorating...gotta love him}
Up close of some of our ornaments.....On the left you can see Hayden's 1st ornament...and his '09 ornament....Humpty Dumpty. Jesse thought that fitting with his track record with the stairs this fall.
On the right you have either Silas or Owen's 1st Christmas Ornament. Yes that is still the model picture in the frame. Sue me.
Under the tree.....
...okay so this is totally staged--these are gifts from a few years ago.
In the black & white box are some reeeeeeally pretty Christmas plates that we got for my mother-in-law...it was one of those gifts that you just "can't wait" for it to be opened.
My cute wire Christmas tree that I 'won' from work, and my cute wire Snowman that I was given by my boss {technically from his wife...but same dif, right?}
Everyone needs a little Fiesta in their lives, right? Even during the holidays, no?
And some yummy holiday treats that made on a whim this week...
....no, I'm not pregnant, thank you very much ;)
And yes, those are un-decorated snowmen on the left.....I got sick of decorating.
But give me a break....I decorated several that were so pretty...like this:
Oh snap....what now?!
Haha....I kid, I kid.
Next year I promise that I'll be in the spirit more. Promise.
Like fer reals.
















13 comments:
Your decorations are so pretty! Your tree- so tall!!!
We are on our third time around with the 19 month old and have just given in to only decorating our tree so far down. He can not rach the bulbs and so far has left the tree (mostly) alone!
I love the red and green Fiestaware!
Maybe Hayden can get his own tv show. I would watch and "undecorater" tv show! Maybe those little balls would be better placed in another place in your house, right Hayden. lol! Maggie has been making a lot of cookies and treats! I have ate way more than I should have!
It looks wonderful! How neat to have those snowflakes that were made by your grandma.
I really love the ornaments made by your Grandmother and I totally relate to your decorating dilemma ( I have a 3 year old *helper* of my own) You fiesta is great! Happy Holidays p.s. cookies look YUMMY! You should do a tutorial for girls like me
We have that same First Christmas ornament for Delaney, and the model picture is still in ours. Who prints out pictures now days anyway? :)
Oh Katie! Best of luck next year. I wish I could say it will be amazing with a 2 year old & 2 one year olds, but.....
I love the Fiestaware!
I love your tall tree!
I love your decorated cookies! Yummy!
We have the same babies first ornament for Benjamin & Joseph that Hayden does. We do have pictures in it ;).
I'm having a terrific time visiting everyone's home.
All the decorations are just beautiful! Thank you for the tour!
I think you did a great job, especially having a 19 month old "undecorator" (too funny). I love that you have the pretty snowflakes made by your grandmother too. Thanks for sharing your home!
the wire tree and snowman are adorable! and the cookies in that last picture are so cute! great job decorating! :) I know what it's like. My 3 year old is still taking ornaments off and leaving them places. One year, when I had a 3, 1 and newborn, we put gates around our tree! yep. we sure did!
So unique and beautiful! Merry Christmas!
love your little tree & snowman! those are so cute! and one of these days i AM gonna get me some Christmas plates! ugh! i've said that for the past 15 years! and somehow manage to forget until Christmas day.
Not sure I will ever get to all the holiday homes...but so enjoyed yours..
can it really be 2010....So glad I found your blog and look forward to many reads in 2010..Happy New Year..
Post a Comment