You'll notice that I'm kind of a traditionalist when it comes to my Christmas tunes. I do love music, but it's not one of those 'all consuming' things for me. I wouldn't mind if it was all-consuming, but I guess I'm just not good at making the time....?? So here we go....
Most Goosebumps, 'O Holy Night' by David Phelps
If you can listen to this and not get goosebumps..........I think you have no feelings.
Most Nostalgic, "Charlie Brown Christmas"
Best Modern Depiction of Christmas, "Welcome to Our World" Chris Rice
Most Favoritist Non Church Hymnal Song, "Rose of Bethlehem", Selah
<
Saddest Christmas Song. "I'll Be Home for Christmas."
I have to say, this is a sad song to begin with, but Josh Groban seriously, when you hear the recording, gets me every.single.time.
Lamest Warm Fuzzy Song... "Christmas In Iowa" Mulberry Lane.
So I don't have a video for this one, and I know there's a Christmas in Nebraska version, too...so I can't completely own this one....but everytime it comes on the radio, I almost choke up. Lame I know....but I'm oddly sentimental like that.
And lastly.....my high school concert band playing 'Sleigh Ride'. No words. Just the Tunes.
Alright, I know, I know....this is Boston Pops and all, but I'm the lady flautist with the sweet hair-do......Liz, sorry, all their trumpeters {is that the word?!?!} were dudes, so I didn't see you. Oh and a big shout-out to Jesse VDM {Not my hubby}, the slap stick player....this guy cracks me up!
This is the LAST week to crank your Christmas Playlists, so enjoy it while you can!!!















6 comments:
My mom plays a mean rendition of "Sleigh Ride" on the piano. She has said it's one of her hardest arrangements. Our church congregation loves it but it's so recognizable that she doesn't want to play it every year. Plus, it's a lot of work.
I love love love Christmas music, and I tear up with the Christmas in Iowa song but it's more like tears in the same way you cringe when you hear fingernails on a chalkboard...
Just teasing!
Merry Christmas!
Oh I love Christmas music!! These are great ones by the way :)...
Great songs! I Love Josh Groban. :)
i love Christmas music. I just wish they'd wait until after Thanksgiving to start playing it on the radio, by the time Christmas gets here I'm kinda tired of hearing the same songs over and over again.
Hope you have a fabulous Christmas!!
Post a Comment