Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Oh Sweet Happyness

So, I totally wasn't planning on posting today...for some reason, I try to think of something to write and I got nothin'.
There is a new element in my life lately that seems to perhaps be sucking the creative life right out of me. All in due time, that should all even itself out.
No, I am not pregnant.

Wow. That was a lengthy digression.

Last night, I was checking things that needed checked and was flattered beyond flattered. My {real-life & bloggy} friend Mandi was so sweet to bestow on me the Happy 101 Bloggy Award. I apparently make her happy, and for that I am giddy :)


So here is the fine print of the award {Sometimes, I'm not gonna lie....I wish these awards came without strings attached ;) }

  • List 10 things that make you happy, and try to do at least one of them today.
  • Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day.
  • If you are of of those 10 lucky (happy) bloggers who get the award, link back to my blog and create your happy list!

So, without further ado, my 10 things that make me happy...

1. This Man.
God has been so good to me, giving me Jesse. Are our lives perfect? Far from it, but I wouldn't trade a second of the 4 1/2 years that we have spent together for anything.


2. Pt. A. Baby boys. Specifically these two little guys. Again I have to be honest. You may or may not have noticed {based on the length of time you've been reading my blog} that twins were not on my agenda. And I have to say, it took me longer than I like to admit to bond with them. Today? My heart flutters with every sound, every smile and every stinky diaper. They are my life.


2. Part B. Toddler Boys. Again specifically, Hayden. That little man astounds me. His vocab, his sweetness, his mischieviousness, his gorgeous eyes....again, pitter patter.
Serious cuteness, right there, ladies and gents.



3. Foo-foo coffee beverages. 
I have really been getting into coffee a lot more lately, not as though I didn't enjoy it before, but now I *gasp* make it at home! A little hot chocolate mix and a little Coffee Mate {liquid} Belgian Chocolate Toffee creamer {thanks Amy!!}, and I've got myself a decent brew...and my pretty Starbucks coffee mug that looks like a starbucks cup....I'm feelin' pretty good!


4. Bloggy friend notes and lurker notes.
Let me elaborate. I get a read every week or so on where people who visit my blog come from. I know that there are lots of you, and frankly, I'm quite flattered at the thought that you would take 5 minutes out of your busy life to stop by and see what silly ol' me has to say....but you do, and you continue to do so, often unawares. But every now and then I get a message in my inbox from a lurker saying 'I Love your blog! I read it every day'. Seriously....surefire way to put a smile on my face. 


5. My Iowa Hawkeyes.
We had a bitter-sweet football season, and so far a basketball season that is not one for the record books....but I cannot wait until one week from today our January BCS Bowl game that we've been waiting for so long. GO Hawks! 


6. Cake Decorating. Cookie Decorating. Cupcake decorating. Etc.
No I didn't have anything to do with this cake.....or anything similar to it. But I have this little dream....not so deep down, that maybe someday....I could accomplish such a feat. 
 

7. Cuddling. 
I'm pretty un-picky as far as who in my household I would cuddle with. From the top down, all my boys are great cuddlers. Favorite: Jesse, Best cuddler: Owen. 


8. Vacation planning. 
In case you forgot, I live in a tundra. I think there are somewhere in the neighborhood of 16 inches of snow on the ground....nothing brings a bigger smile to my face than to find a pretty resort with a sandy white beach where I could relax for a week to 10 days. Hmmm............


9. "My HOPE is built on nothing less than Jesus' BLOOD and RIGHTEOUSNESS."


10. Throwback anything. 
Names, TV Shows, Songs, Outfits, T- Shirts.....the list goes on. But not ALL of the NFL throwback uniforms....maybe a few. 



Now onto another fun part. 10 Bloggers who Brighten my day....{there are so many more than 10, it's not even funny.....}


1. Mama Belle @ The Bayou Belles & Their Beau--seriously, add this to your must read list. This woman can make anything into a hearty laugh....awesome!

2. Sarah @ Life In the Parsonage-- As quoted from a good friend of mine, and a relative of hers...."Sarah is just down right enjoyable." True story.

3. Amy @ My Front Porch Lookin' In. This girl gave me the nudge when she started her blog and I was thinking about starting one as well....her endless wit and great material never cease to astound me. And she's a great friend :)

4. Katie @ Une Autre Mere. I heart this girl. Every time I read her blog, I laugh. And when I laugh I think of her laugh.....a very distinct wrinkle in her nose, and very genuine. I've kind of known her forever.

5. Sarah @ And then I Married A Missionary. I love this girl and her blog{s}. Her creativity is remarkable, and her writing is fantastic. And she has a beautiful little girl who was born just days after Owen & Silas were discharged from the NICU.

6.  Rachel @ Musings of a Future Pastor's Wife.  This girl is the epitome of "all things Southern"...I love it! Add her to your must-read list also because she is just all around fun!
7.  Amanda @ I am Mommy. AND I am BAKER...HOLY cow. This woman is my hero. She emulates my love for #6 up there. I look at her creations and just smile.....and dream.

8. Kelly @ Simply Altered. Do you know of someone who you don't know, but you feel like you know? Confusing, I know. That is Kelly. I feel like I know her....and I should, because we live in the same town, but we have never met. This must change :)

9. Debbi @ The Joys of Two Boys. One of the first real life friends that reached out to me and said "I know what you're going through" when I was going through pregnancy. It was valuable beyond my wildest imagination to have her and a couple of others {who don't have blogs, ahem!} as cheerleaders who had been there!

10. Wendi @ Every Day Miracles. This woman is a walking example of LIVING out the joy of the Lord, and constantly challenges me. She has 5 beautiful little boys and one sweet baby boy in Heaven, and captures the essence of the heart of a mother....pretty much on a daily basis. In.credible. Even though I've shed MANY a tear reading her blog, it is worth it every single time.

Anyways, so what started out being a 'no-blog post day'.....again. Ended up in a very lengthy post, actually. But THANKS Mandi, I am flattered beyond flattered that I 'make you happy' :)

10 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Thanks, friend! :)

My new favorite coffee creamer is International Delight "Caramel Macchiato" Mmmm....

Amanda said...

THank you SOOOO so so much!!! I LOVED reading your list and gotta tell you... #9 made me just love you!!! I will be following your blog!

Blessings-
Amanda

Amanda said...

OK, so I already DO follow your blog! But since I have no idea how to use google reader, I signed up for the email notification through feedjit, so I can really keep up with your beautiful writings!

Annie said...

yay for the award!! :)
what a fun read! love the pics too ;)
hope you had a very merry christmas hun!!

Anonymous said...

I 2nd Amy with the caramel macchiato! YUMMERS!

The picture of you and Jesse is amazing!

-Tiff

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Well thank you! I happen to think yours is quite enjoyable too :)

une autre mère said...

Ahhh, you're too sweet, Katie! I heart you too and was disappointed that I didn't get to chat with you longer at the wedding. But I did want to tell you that you looked very cute.

I know you love to hear it (and it's the truth) - I LOVE your blog and read it EVERY day. (except around the holidays, but then I just backtrack to get caught up). ;)

And the wrinkle in my nose... got it from my mom. And I poor little Addie has it too.

Jamie said...

Fun list...I too enjoy foo-foo coffee drinks.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for the award Katie!!! you are so deserving, and you have totaly raised the bar for us other bloggers!!! I want mine to LOOK like yours!! so colorful and fun, I smile as soon as I open your updates....not to mention your great writing skills!!! I am MOST honored to have the shout out you gave me once again . I promise, as soon as I get Wordpress linky thing figured out, I am adding you to mine.
....and I agree with Tiff, the picture of you and your husband is BEAUTIFUL!!! I hope you have that one framed somewhere in your home :) kids are SUCH dolls too!!!

Anonymous said...

Katie, thank you for this! I am just now getting around to going through my reader from Christmas (I REFUSED to do a clean sweep, and now I'm glad I didn't!). :)