Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Why I Love This Man


I think a lot of times guys get a bad rap on stuff.

"They don't listen."

"They only care about tools."

"They don't understand women's needs."

"They don't pay attention."

"They never help out around the house."

I just wanna go on record to say.....that's not Jesse. Nope, not even a little.


When we were first married, at Christmas time we decided that instead of each of us spending $100-200 on each other on piddly things or whatever, we would compile our funds and buy something BIGGER together that we needed.

Thus we have a pretty Mac computer. A Nice Canon Digital SLR...etc. etc.

Last April I kinda pulled a not fair one on Jesse. I said 'You know....I know it's nice for us to not really buy each other things and spend ridiculous amounts of money on each other over Christmas and birthdays and what have you, but....I really think we need to go back to putting thought into each other. Showing we care because we give to each other."

Sappy, I know. But APRIL, I told him this in APRIL.
Didn't remind him. Didn't update him. Didn't give him a Christmas list of any kind.

On Friday, December 11, the boys were at my parent's house,
 Jesse said to me "You want your Christmas present now?"

Umm? {Look at my watch} It's like a month before Christmas?!

But what girl can say no to that? Not this one.

So you're waiting with bated breath to hear what he gave me aren't you....

Jesse bought me a Nintendo Game Cube...specifically with MarioKart.


Okay, so I hear the wind exiting your sails, and you're thinking 'and so what?'

I love it. This is not like getting a bathroom scale or a toaster oven.
I Love it love it love it, that Jesse KNEW that I LOVE Mario Kart
{although I'm miserable at it--however improving}
He remembered watching me "play" {lose} 4 Christmases ago on his brother's gamecube and filed it away in his mind.

Yeah....I kind of love him :)

10 comments:

Summer said...

Is it wrong to say that Raun got me the new Zelda DS game, and I was THRILLED?! ;)

--I played Zelda since I was about 13, and just have fond memories of it!--

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Ah...yet another reason why we are such good friends -- a mutual love for Mario Kart. Dave's parens got us a Wii for Christmas (!!!) and the first game we bought? Mario Kart. And what did we do last night? Play Mario Kart. I heart Mario Kart :)

Amy said...

It is so sweet that he got you something he knew you would love.
Blessings,
Amy

H-Mama said...

We're Mario Kart Wii lovers as well. The best part is that your guy listened... and remembered. Impressive. ;)

Jill said...

He knew you'd love it and got it for you. That gives him the "good guy" award!

Jamie said...

WooHoo...gotta love Mario kart!!!

Amanda said...

I LOVE reading about women uplifting their hubbies!! And sounds like you have got an amazing and loving and edifying relationship. Yeah!

Blessings-
Amanda

Erin said...

Awww. How sweet! I love it when couples build up each other instead of tearing down. Keep it up! God loves it too. :)

Michelle said...

oh how sweet!
i love mariokart too i just can't play worth a flip. it really is sad when you 8 year old can beat you ;)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! And super sweet that he remembered!