Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Random Dozen, I Sleep at Stop Lights

Another week's Random Dozen from Linda @ 2nd Cup of Coffee. If you want to participate and link up head over to her blog and copy & paste the questions then add your link to her McLinky!
Thanks Linda for another great Dozen!





1. It's early morning, about 2:00AM, and you're driving home. You come to a red light and sit there. There is no one in sight for miles around. Do you wait it out or run the light?
RUN IT!  Last stinking time I sat at a red light at 2am, I fell asleep. Now I ask you, which is more dangerous?! Sleeping at a stoplight or keeping on going? I'll let your conscience be the judge of that.
2. If you had the chance to re-do the last 24 hours, would you change anything?
This kind of a personal question.....failing to change two diapers before afternoon nap time {on accident, mind you}. Let's just say....I have some extra laundry to do now, thank you very much. 
3. When you reply to someone's comment on your blog, do you reply in your comments or go to her blog and comment? (Or email her)
I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I like having myself set up so that if someone wants they can just e-mail me back when I comment on their blog because it's more personal. That said, not everyone has theirs set up this way. {ALTHOUGH, I highly recommend it ;)} 
For myself, I very often don't comment back. This is bad, I know. But I go back and forth between e-mailing and writing on my comment box. EVEN though I am terrible about going back to look for replies to my comments. Just sayin' there should be some notification system.

4. Your favorite Disney movie is: 
Beauty & The Beast. Or Cinderella.



5. Do you recycle? Nope. Well, okay. Pop cans. Except the time when they were stolen out of our garage. {Argh}


6. Games of strategy or games of chance? 

How about Strategic Chance games? Like Rook. You have no control over what cards you get, but the way you play could be strategic. 

7. Do you have any recurring dreams?

YES! I was just telling Jesse about these the other day. When I was younger I had a dream like I was running through the dungeon of the original Mario Brothers {NES style} the pointy ceiling was collapsing down on me as I ran across the fire. I would call this more a nightmare.



Of LATE, I've been having this dream that I was going through a winter wilderness. Hiking, if you will {not my fave}, and had to kayak through raging rapids. Not cool. Very scary.  

8. What did you learn from your first real job?

That Subway isn't always a HEALTHY choice. Especially when you can eat as many cookies as you want and drink as much fountain pepsi as you want. Not that I did that.

9. Do you buy or borrow most books?

Probably buy more than borrow, but I don't buy many books, really.

10. What fashion trend of the past did you say you'd never wear again but did?

Well I HAVEN'T, but have considered getting bangs. I swore bangs off when I was in 7th grade, I believe. Maybe 8th. But I'll admit I'm considering it. 



I do remember when 'Wide leg' jeans became popular, again 7th or 8th grade...and I swore I would NEVER wear them. Yeah, pretty sure skinny jeans will never be in my future. Ever. 

11. When do you start Christmas shopping?

Typically mid November. This year, probably the day after Thanksgiving. 

12. Have you ever been so happy that you literally jumped up and down for a few seconds? If so, what was the occasion?

Umm...in case you haven't been paying attention or you don't care {which I KNOW isn't the case} the Iowa Hawkeyes are 9-0 this year. And there have been no shortage of shocking and exciting moments.....for instance: 






Happy Wednesday to you all,

and a HAPPY Birthday to my Brother-In-Law, Jared!!

11 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Bangs - such a scary decision. I'm contemplating it too... :)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Wow. You have some very intense dreams :)

H-Mama said...

Sleeping is definitely more dangerous. ;) What? Subway cookies are not healthy?! Ha!!

Michelle said...

totally forgot about the whole bangs thing. swore i'd never EVER do it again.....did it....hated it! even told my hair dresser to NEVER ever give me bangs again no matter how bad i beg!

subway cookies are the best!

Anonymous said...

I heart you. Simply because of the Super Mario dream and the fact that you, too, get giddy jumpy happy over sports.

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

I am sooo with you on the bangs issue! I said I never would, but now I totally might!

Emily said...

Subway was my first real job, too, and my husband still makes fun of me all the time--telling me to go make him a sandwich b/c I had that stupid shirt that said 'sandwich artist' on the front and he doesn't just want something to eat, he wants a work of art.

Of course, I never do.

Susanne said...

I love Beauty and the Beast too!

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

Ha! That would definitely make Subway unhealthy.

SnoWhite said...

Thank you for that clip from beauty and the beast -- love it!

And, I like strategy chance games as well.

:)

And, although my team lost two weeks ago to your team in the final 2 seconds of the game... I'd be pretty excited if I were a Hawkeye's fan this season too :)

SouthLakesMom said...

Thanks for the headsup on the healthiness quotient at Subway!

And the reminder of the big leg jeans and skinny jeans. More to add to my list. And bangs...