Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's Like They Hear Me Talking....and Then Publish it From A Famous Dude


I like country music.


Ya gotta give me a break, I am from Iowa, it's kinda in the rule book.


It's funny, really because what I've been saying to Jesse for awhile now appeared in the headlines this morning.


IT'S NOT COUNTRY!!


Country music hall of famer George Jones says Taylor Swift & Carrie Underwood DON'T sing country music. In fact, he's quite offended that they claim to be, really.


Psssst! I've been saying this for a long time!


I mean.....this is what I remember 'Country Music' being:





But here's the song that I've been telling Jesse.....


'THIS ISN'T COUNTRY'



THIS is COUNTRY?!?! Yeah, you heard it here first. They play it on Country Radio all.the.time.

Sorry, but Jimmy Wayne sounds like a desperate boy band.......not country.

No twang, no hillbilly. No Country.

I like Taylor and I like Carrie {most of the time}, some of this stuff is gettin' pretty fluffy to claim the Country Genre.


8 comments:

Susan Berlien said...

I like their music, but I agree, It's NOT counrty...or country has changed a lot.

une autre mère said...

I'm sorry Katie, but there's still too much twang in his voice for this Iowa girl. He says "taawwlkin" for "talking" That's right, any twang is too much twang for me - I must not have read the Iowa rule book. ;)

Oddly enough, even though I'm not a country fan, I do have a soft side for bluegrass... I'm sure I owe the old Corn Dog a big thank you for that.

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I was just saying the EXACT SAME THING the other day! Don't get me wrong, I love a little T.Swift or Carrie but anything that can be played on both pop and country music stations can't qualify as TRULY country. More like pop rock with a lil' twang.

This Heavenly Life said...

I've wondered about this before...

But not quite as much as you experts :) I have to say, I prefer those ladies' non-country to the true twang. Not that I don't like the twang. But it can only take me so far, know what I mean? In other words, if Taylor Swift is wrong, I don't wanna be right :)

Emily said...

I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I don't know who Taylor Swift is, but I've thought the same thing about Carrie Underwood before. And I'm glad to hear you've been vindicated!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Oh Sarah.....I agree completely. TOTALLY prefer the 'new country' but lets just be honest....it's not country in it's purest form ;) Love me some Taylor Swift :)

Shannan Martin said...

Yes yes yes yes YES!
Carrie and Taylor rock, but they are pop stars. Especially Taylor. (At least Carrie sings about "country music" sorts of things from time to time...)
I'm still a fan of Willie, and he'll always be country. :)

Anonymous said...

Have a soft spot in my heart for country. Grew up on it, by osmosis. My Dad (your grandpa) was a great fiddle player and picked a mean guitar, too. Still haven't brought myself to listening to the CD's he made. Need to do that....Need to do that...Need to do that. Know I'll need a box of kleenex for that, and a lot of alone time.
Your G'pa would be proud to hear that you like "country"