Thursday, November 19, 2009

Perfectly Different


There are some things in life that I try to plan to be 'just so'.

Okay, so as I've said before, I like a lot of things to just follow the natural {as I see it} order of things, and be just how I would plan.

It wouldn't take a lengthy look at my life to realize that there are a few things that I didn't exactly plan out myself.

Was I ever against the idea of having twins?

No, quite the contrary. When I was pregnant with Hayden, I actually thought it would be quite fun.

When Hayden was 6 months old......that was a different story.

One of my big "hopes" once I settled into the idea of having twins was their twin 'type'.


Some of you may remember that I was hoping for identical twins.

Have you seen my boys?! They are hardly identical.

They did win 3rd place for the 'Least Look Alike Twins' at the State Fair this year

One may even struggle to recognize them as brothers.....

And I'd be lying if I hadn't from time to time been a little bummed by that.

But you see, there's something unique about these boys.

Well, everything is unique about these boys.

But here's the thing ....

....which beautiful face would I give back in exchange for two of the same?

....which crooked smile would I trade for an extra set of jolly, chubby cheeks?

....which sparkly eyes would I trade?

....which crazy head of hair would I give back?

Neither one. Not a chance.

Maybe next time around we'll get twins that look alike ;)

Oops...did I just say that outloud?! Totttttally kidding.

9 comments:

Debbi said...

Adorable photos.
God definitely gave you the second cutest set of not identical boys (mine being the 1st of course!).

Amy@My Front Porch said...

And maybe next time around they'll be twin girls! ;)

Annie said...

aw, what a sweet post.
your babies are both ADORABLE and unique in thier own ways!

Sarah said...

Haha, Katie...you're funny...that last sentence cracked me up. ;) I was just thinking the other day when you posted the Hawkeye Outfit pics...that they really don't look all that much alike for twins...and you're right...now that you have them here, how could you imagine them ANY different! Amazing... :)

Also - Yay for the State Fair Contest! How fun is that! :)

Lenae said...

Aw! They are PRECIOUS! Very huggable and kissable, yes.

P.S. Thanks you for stopping by my blog and sharing your memory! Your husband ROCKS! The first months with new babies can be rough, and to add NICU time in there? Wow. How fabulous to have been gifted with some pampering and alone time.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

They are a.dor.a.ble. :) I love all of the unique things you love about them.

Our guys were identical - but it was hard to tell under all of the tubes and wires they had to have.

life is so interesting isn't it?? God's plans being so different than ours still throws me at times...

une autre mère said...

Sooo cute! And hey, maybe next time it'll be triplets! Now wouldn't that be fun!

Anonymous said...

Watch what you say lady! It easily could happen! *L* And what an amazing blessing that would be!

**HUGS**
Tiff

Rachel said...

Your boys are soooooo sweet!