Monday, November 9, 2009

Don't Blink


You may have noticed this is not another edition of MM& M this morning.  Sorry, I had to take a little break on that....an event has snuck up on me.

Owen and Silas are 5 months old. How on earth......did this happen?!?  I mean, for real. When Hayden was 5 months, he was eating cereal, speaking full sentences, walking...okay really I'm kidding.


But somehow, someway...this 5 month thing has really snuck up on me. Maybe because they were kinda 'preemie', I thought they'd stay more like babies longer. That the mere THOUGHT of feeding them cereal makes me a little sad.

I have loved being home with them, but almost feel as though I've taken MORE for granted the time because they are my full time job. I have to look back at pictures to see the changes sometimes.


 Like how'd we get from THIS {their first night home}













 To THIS?!









In just 5 short  months Owen & Silas have gone from:

...a unit.....to blatant individuals

...flimsy.....to sturdyish

...sleepless....to sleepful

...strangers to Hayden......the apple of his eye

...newborn diapers.....to size 3 diapers {we spent a lovely two weeks in sz 2's}

...lifeless and baby-ish.....to active and interactive.

Was it really a whole year ago that I began to think "Ya know....something seems just a little..... not.....quite.....right here."

Thank you Lord for our beautiful, healthy little boys.....and thank you that we are not having one, two, or three more next year *knockonwood* 

10 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Cuties :)

You know...Lily is STILL in size 3 diapers...she's such a little squirt!

H-Mama said...

Precious boys. Cute post. I just wrote a similar one... They grow up too fast. *sigh*

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

It's crazyness - this growing up thing. It just gets faster with each kid that we add to our family.

Your guys are such cuties! :) I love that they share a crib.

I can't imagine how busy you must have been when you were at the stage I am at now with Malachi - only you doing double duty!! Was it chaotic??

Jenn said...

Sad :( It does go too fast! Sad, too, that their already in sz 3! Noah is still in sz 3 (of course he's still only 19lbs). None of my kids ever got out of a sz 3, but they also breezed through sz 2.

Oh, and you know it takes more than knocking on wood, right? ;)

Jenni said...

Saw some super mad yet cute babies on soundoff last night!!!! i feel their pain!

Can't believe they are 5 months...Can't believe that my little babe will be here in a few short weeks!

Sarah said...

Ok, I'm soooo cracking about Jenn's "Knocking on wood" comment. Dying, here! Funny, Jenn...funny. :)

Josefine is chillin' out in her size 2's...we have a package of 3's waiting, though! :)

It is CRAZY how big they get...and looking back at pictures can make one feel both sad and happy at the same time! I'm sooo with you on that...it happens too fast!

Love the sleeping arrangement the boys have got goin' on in that second picture...cute. :)

Unknown said...

Yep. Wait until they're out of that crib ... then, out of diapers ... then, kindergarten ... and so on and so on.

Don't blink. I wish I could have so many moments back. The hardest part is when you forget some of these moments. Take lots of pictures. Lots. Tons.

They're precious, by the way.

Anonymous said...

How stinkin' cute are they?!?!?!? It seems so unfair on how fast they grow up! :(

-Tiff

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh, look at all the CUTENESS! Mine will be 4 in February. Seems like just yesterday we brought her home from the hospital.