Can't say I mind it. Pairs beautifully with peanuts. Specifically Planter's Cocktail Peanuts.
2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you're not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.)
Well, hmm....probably "Excuse me, sorry I'm late." We sat in the same row in a 7am class our freshman year of college, so I basically had to crawl over him on MWF am's to get to my seat when I was just a teensy bit late.
He liked it. ;)3. Could you ever become a vegetarian?
Only if there was a gun to my head. I like me a good cheeseburger.
4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume?
Goodness, no. I've got 3 babies to put in costumes....2 more would probably put me over the edge.
5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year).
Watching "The Parent Trap" (Hayley Mills style) every day. Literally, I think we watched it every single day.
6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for?
Personally? No. As a part of a group? Oh yes. We were undefeated State Winterguard Champions until my Senior Year.....still a skosh bitter about that. {Steph King....not a word from you ;)}
But what do I deserve a trophy for? I'm going to bequeath this trophy to my baby sister "Most Times Pulled Over Without Being Ticketed (11)", {unfortunately, her streak ended at 11 this past weekend}
7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year?
Mid November. When you're putting up the Christmas tree....it's just poetic. When a song that you {almost} forgot comes on and you think, "Ahh...I really like this song"
8. What's your favorite board game?
I personally love Settlers of Catan and Seafarers. My husband does not share my joy in this game.


Can I digress to card game? Rook & Dutch Blitz.
9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)?
I love good surprises. As long as they don't require a thank you speech. But I don't like surprises like when someone gives you a gift that you do NOT like at all. My face is a tell-all. It's not cool.
10. Is it easy for you to say, "I'm sorry?"
No, I'm actually quite bad at this. I always end up being like 'I'm SORRY'....which if you can read my tone here, is NOT the way to apologize.
11. What is your favorite candle scent?
Well, I'm glad you asked. I'm getting a new candle, hopefully soon. Gold Canyon 'Warm Welcome' scent, and I'm hoping it will be my new favorite!
12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you?
Umm...I'm not quite sure I'm understanding this question....buuuuut....I would serve Raspberry Sherbet punch, it's pretty much my favorite ever. And some baked good. Maybe pretty cupcakes. Or maybe the new Swedish Brownies ;)
And I would show people my recently redone Kitchen, and the Hawkeye Room....
This concludes another Random Dozen from Linda @ 2nd Cup of Coffee. Head over there and check out some other Random Dozen's, and do one of your own!!

















17 comments:
First of all - your blog design is so pretty and eye catching.
Secondly - peanuts and candy corn, one of my big addictions right now. :) SO yum.
And I think I could comment on each point - but I have forgotten some and I'm too tired to look again. :) These are way fun to read though.
I love your new design! Just beautiful!
You've made me crave cheeseburgers and raspberry sherbet punch...there's not a fast food place in town that'll satisfy the punch need, though :(
Your candle is scheduled to arrive at my house TODAY! :)
Love the new design! It's so bright and fresh! And you can't go wrong with Hayley Mills. The Parent Trap is a great movie!
Great answers! I'm posting on this today, too.
Ok you have to teach me Settlers. When we go to Haiti the missionaries LOVE that game and I just don't get it!!!!
PS: How in the world do you make your page look so cute? I love it!
I love to play board games, but have never played either of these...or even heard of them.
I'm on the hunt for a favorite new candle scent; let us know how your new one turns out.
Man, I'm really wanting some candy corn after reading over all these random dozens! lol and it is best with peanuts! love it....we filled a glass pumpkin up with them a couple weeks back...don't know why i thought it would last more than a couple days!
LOVE the parent trap!!
really like the new blog design too! so pretty
LOL @ #2. You are hilarious, girl!
Your #4 cracked me up! Hang in there!
Oh my goodness, I LOVE Settler of Catan! I'm glad to know I'm not the only nerd. :) I'm fortunate the Chad likes it too. Every time we have a new couple over, we force them to play it. MOST people end up really liking it too. What's wrong with Jesse? :)
I absolutely LOVE the parent trap with Haley Mills!!! BEST MOVIE EVER! :):)
Love your new look!
Love your response to the question about dressing your dog up for Halloween!
I like people like you who could hold an open house and keep it simple. I could NOT do that. But then... well... my answer is on MY blog! LOL!
Your family is built ALMOST exactly like my nieces -- except she had her single on July 12th and then LESS than a year later - 2 weeks shy - she had twin boys on June 28th! Hers are now 7 & 8 years old... YOU have your hands full!
I'm lovin' your new blog design! These colors are some of my fave. Jackie is so wonderful to work with, isn't she? ;)
Am I the only one who doesn't like candy corn? Oh well, I love everything else, so I must save my calories somewhere, right? Ha...
I still watch Parent Trap... with my kiddos. We get to relive a lot with our kids. ;)
I heart candy corn soooo much. I have only bought 2 bags this fall though...and they were both gone within 3 days. Grrrrrrrrr!
On the candle issue...can you buy Circle E candles where you live? Bird of Paradise is THE BEST!!!! You will be forever in love.promise.
Have a great weekend!
Raspberry Sherbet Punch! Oh, I love that stuff - I served it at my (very casual, outdoor) wedding.
Post a Comment