Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday's Top Ten, Even Though I Love to Shop....

I've totally considered making this a 'carnival' meme for lots o' people to participate in...give a topic and everybody join in the fun, but I'm not convinced that's a good idea just yet...

Today I give you the top 10 things......

that I HATE {loathe, despise, puke at the thought of} Buying.

10. Baby Butt Wipes.
I think we go through wipes faster than diapers. For serious, people.

9.  Car tires.
Seriously.......I think every car we've purchased in our married life needed new tires within 2 years. That was bad planning. {Eyes rolling}

8. Baby formula...
...because God created a better way. And Similac is a RIP-OFF.  What is it, like powdered gold or something?!

7. A new roof.
Yeah, lovely AND cheap thing to buy. Adds zero value to your home, costs $5000 in the process and yet, your home is worth nothing more once it's done but nothing {$0} if it leaks. Awesome. Yeah, I'll take a new one of those. Check.

6. Power tools.
I know he NEEDS them. I understand that. I think there's some instinct they just have. They NEED them. However...doesn't someone you know have one you could borrow for the 30 minutes in your whole life that you'll use it?!

5. Car windshields.
There is never a convenient time to buy one, but when an object suspended from your garage ceiling breaks free and hits your husband's windshield....I guess you kind of have to.

4. Deoderant.
My lands, do we fly through this stuff. Gotta have it. Gotta de-stinkify. But my lands, you would THINK we reapplied the stuff every hour, on the hour!? Could they make a gender neutral scent or something so we could share and not spend $10/month on deod?!

3. Light Bulbs.
Do they ever burn out when you have an extra on hand? No. Does every light in the house take the same kind?! No. Try buying those bad boys at Wally World. Goodness sakes...did you know they have different sizes of twisty things?! I thought the only difference was Round Bulb or Pointy Decorative Bulb. The answer to that....is NO. There are other differences.

2. Refrigerator Water Filters.
Whose bad idea was it to get a fridge with water AND ice in the door? Oh, right, mine. Haha...oops :) 50 bones for one of those suckers....and I tell you what...when your fridge goes on strike from dispensing water AND ice, I guarantee you will cough it up no matter how badly you don't wanna bite the bullet.

1. Batteries.
I think everything in our house is battery operated, fer reals, people. What good is a baby swing if it doesn't swing and play music?! Plus....you never have the right size when you need them. Sheesh.



Happy Thursday....maybe I need a different style-d retail therapy....er something ;)

14 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Lady -you. make. me. laugh. Like, a whole lot!
Such truth to all of this. Love the power tools thing. How often I have thought - "could you not borrow one of those????" But there is always a great reason why not. :) And, in my own hubby's defense I usually get some really cool things built for me out of said tools. Dave's newest creation was a beautiful framed mirror with shelf for our room.

This Heavenly Life said...

We go through alot more wipes than diapers too - luckily, my mother in law buys both for us :) We've got it made!

Anonymous said...

If this were MY list, I would have everything you did...and I would have to ad another....TOOTHPASTE!

In a family of 6, we go through toothpaste like c.r.a.z.y. I buy one tube for each bathroom sink: 1 for mine, 1 for hubby's, 1 for the kids' shared bathroom and 1 for the hall 1/2 bath. And still? We are always close to being out. How does it happen? I have no idea.

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! This was a fun list, even if it irritated you to write it!

Sarah said...

Haha...Katie...you're a crack-up, as always! :) Love the new layout...cutesy! And WAY MORE you...the Gerbera Daisies...yeah. SO much more YOU! :) Way to go, sista!

You should totally meme this...I mean, seriously...I have nothiing else to do on Thursdays...no, really. ;) Hehe.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. . .our lists would be quite similar!

Thank goodness for boobies to feed our babies with! Especially when they come 2 at a time! *L*

-Tiff

Jackie said...

Oh...oh...oh....the fridge filters - gets me every time and makes my SO mad. Seems like such a colossal waste of money - yet, you've gotta have them. Ugh.

Jamie said...

And did you know that if you refuse to buy a new fridge filter that eventually that filter will revolt and not work anymore and cause a major leak! Yeah, I so agree with you on the whole fridge filter thing.

Michelle said...

haha! you should totally start a meme! i'd join right in with ya!

light bulb! ugh! no, they NEVER go out when you have one at home.

Summer said...

--I tried to leave this on my post, but my internet is being weird and wouldn't let me ---


Thanks Katie!

I had to choose either tonight or the p.chef party tomorrow night, and talked to Maggie about it, sooo.... I chose tomorrow night! Raun is gone both nights and his mom is coming to watch the kids tomorrow night (well, to put them to bed! they have early bedtimes)

Excited about that!

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

I hated when I quit producing milk and had to buy formula! Good grief! It's soooo stinking expensive (even with the coupons)!

H-Mama said...

Power tools = 30 minutes. Priceless. ;D Oh... can we say grocery shopping in general?? There is always one ingredient I'm missing.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Car tires...we need some...I so hate buying them. I 2nd your whole list! :)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Much as I sometimes got tired of nursing, I am SO.GLAD we never had to buy formula!