Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ousted

Dear Mr. Soothie Paci,
I must admit that ever since the first time I saw one of you, I was a bit intrigued. Pediatrician recommended, you touted? They MUST be fantastic. After all, what pediatrician doesn't recommend only but the very best for little ones?

Apparently, Mr. Soothie Paci, no parent was consulted for said recommendation, were they? Did the pediatrician ask the parent involved if their baby could skillfully suck on this GENIUS invention?? I doubt it. Consequently, my babies, the victims of your horrible pacis are waking up at all hours of the day {and night} combing the dark for a paci, and once it's in their mouth, cannot hang onto it. What.on.earth?!?

Is your paci fashionable? Noooooo. Does it come in gender neutral colors? Not anything to write home to mom about, that's for sure! Teal, blue, pink and 'Old Bottle Nipple' Yellow {you know what color I'm talking about} are the only options you give, and I'm supposed to be able to FIND any color but pink or teal in a rural community in Iowa?! Give me a break. Many of my sweet baby's infant snapshots are marred by these nasty looking circle things with a hollow center. And what is with the hollow center!?!? Do I need to see the sucking motion of my babies tongue and mouth? I think not.



You see? We have two cute babies....but the ugly paci just takes away from their sweetness.




So, dear Soothie Paci, you have been ousted. You will no longer be the go-to paci in our home. We've brought in MAM paci's to take your place. They are both fashion friendly and functional. After 2 weeks with the MAM paci, we are fully contented and proficient MAM paci users.  Don't try to change my mind, it is too late. We are through! And we are much happier because of it, thank you very much.



Respectfully,
Katie
....and Owen & Silas

12 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Well at least they take a paci :)

The shirt that Silas (or is it Owen?) has on in that picture is so cute :) I got that same one for Kim's lil' guy the other day.

Also, I saw the cutest little one piece outfit on one of my church friend's little guy yesterday -- it had a picture of a fox and said "My mom is a fox". I think you should get it for the twinsies :)

Megan Epley said...

We only use Mam :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Methodist Hospital GAVE the boys only Soothie...so imagine my excitement when after 3 weeks in the hospital...they were 'addicted'. Stupid stupid. I use the term addicted loosely because neither one of them was GOOD at using the Soothie pacifier

I am quite convinced that every baby that is offered the soothie pacifier will never like paci's. I know a lot of babies born at Methodist who don't ever take a pacifier, and that's all the Methodist does., which can be good or bad...depending on your views

(That's Silas, btw ;) That 'My mom's a fox' outfit sounds super cute! We saw a onesie that said "Lock Up Your Daughers", I think Owen, Silas & Jack need those...and a pic together with them ;)

Anonymous said...

How funny. Don't you love when the "dr recommended" stuff is awful?

We used Playtex Ortho-pros. I don't even know if they make those anymore.

Anonymous said...

When I had Cade & Coy at Methodist (almost 9 years ago *sniff*) we got those too. Only problem was at the time, you couldn't buy them at the store. And my boys were crazy addicted to them. So I had to buy a freaking CASE of them from the manufacturer. Yeah, that set us back a pretty penny!

Congrats on making the switch!

-Tiff

Anonymous said...

or you could just NOT use the paci

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Anonymous #2...I agree life with no paci would probably be preferred, however our lifestyle demands that there are times when babies need to be quiet, for instance church. Life with babies that didn't cry would be ideal too, but it just doesn't work that way.

Also, if you could kindly sign your name to your comments, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

H-Mama said...

The right paci makes a big difference at night! Your sweet babies are precious... either way. ;)

Gracie would not take the bottle/paci at. all. I remember her crying in the backseat, me trying {crying/praying not to lose my sanity} to find her mouth with the paci {we bought every brand to no avail} till we could get to point B. She just screamed thru the paci. ;)

All that to say, so glad you found one that works. ;)

Amy Valentine said...

MAM is the best! Super cute patterns too!

une autre mère said...

Amen, sister! And just so you don't feel bad about giving them pacis... our pediatrician actually recommends them because they can decrease the risk of SIDS.

I also HATE soothies! Not only are they an eyesore, but they are AWFUL for teeth! They even say that they're not intended for children with teeth, but when your baby gets teeth early, just try taking it away from her! So our poor Millie has buck teeth thanks to the lovely Soothie (that was given to her by IMMC...)!

I was really annoyed when we were at IMMC last month with Tate and I specifically told the nurses NOT to give him a soothie b/c we had brought a different kind and one night they brought him to me from the nursery with a SOOTHIE in his bassinette! AAAGGGHHH! Luckily, he didn't take it, so we lucked out this time!

Unknown said...

Josefine won't take her Paci either! ...and YES, she totally pulls her hair...it's hilarious and sad all at the same time. She just has to figure out how to let go...she's pulling to get her hand away, but her grasp just gets tighter. If I try to help her, it only gets worse...so I let her figure it out...I've taken a few pictures...
check out photos #20 & #21 here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30135493&l=966df61a8a&id=149900205

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

If only my little one would have taken to a different...cheaper paci!

I gave you an award today! :D