It never hurts to have a plan.
You know, plan ahead.
And normally we do.
Just not this past time.
Last Friday, we decided we wanted to take in a football game.
Not your average, run-of-the-mill Friday night lights, high school game.
The Season Opener for the Iowa Hawkeyes,
taking on the UNI (N. Iowa) Panthers.
taking on the UNI (N. Iowa) Panthers.
No biggie, right?
Try SELLOUT.
But early Saturday morning, via good ol' Craigslist, we secured tickets
and drove to Iowa City.
and drove to Iowa City.
The Pageantry of Kinnick Stadium, and the tradition of Iowa Football, is literally enough to send chills through my body.
I. LOVE. IT.
And it's always fun to watch people you know
(Jesse's cousin Jordan, starting Left Tackle for UNI)
Tyler Sash...from my hometown, went to HS with his sister.
We're pretty proud of him here in our town :)
It was a beautiful day. But now I look like a raccoon :)
I'd say this about sums up the game.......
I'd say this about sums up the game.......
Just a couple of additional observations about Iowans from this past weekend....
- Only in Iowa can you trust that the guy selling you tickets on gameday is legit....
- Iowans team loyalties run deep, unfortunately, there are a lot of class-less fans....UNI deserved to win, and chanting "UNI SUCKS"....is completely out of line
- There's nothing better than high-fiving drunk people all around you after the big play, okay, so really there are better things, but the camaraderie if Iowa Football at Kinnick Stadium...unbelievable.
- And then there are the drunk guys who ruin it by their completely ridiculous display of rudeness to the group of "big guys" who were "taking up double the seats"....Dude....it is never ever appropriate to say to someone (one person) "Hey man, are you twins??" Not cool.
I gotta say, LOVE IT that fall & football season are upon us.
Hats off to the UNI Panthers, you played a GREAT game.
Here's to a good rest of the season!
Go Hawks!















2 comments:
Can't wait for Nov. 21! Even with not being a diehard Hawkeye fan, it's hard NOT to love the atmosphere of a live college football game -- and I have it on good authority that Kinnick is one of the best ;) Thanks for ordering the tickets for us -- check's in the mail :)
I wasn't sure football season was ever going to get here! Finally!
It was a great game Saturday. . .even though I had to watch it on TV!
-Tiff
Post a Comment