So Katie, being the master of illusion, may have led you to believe that I (Jesse, husband) would enter a guest post during our Anniversary week. After she planted this idea in all of your minds, she then started laying on the pressure behind the scenes to make that come to fruition. And while I am a people pleaser, I would not want to let the one of you down that said you were looking forward to that post. I may not have anything fun planned like a video Wednesday, or a product endorsement, but I want to take this opportunity to talk to my wife. Please feel free to listen in and join in the appreciation I have for the magnificent woman God has put in my life.
Katie, I can't figure out why God gave you to me? I definitely didn't earn you, and if you had a dollar value, I surely could not afford what you are worth! It is strange how God works, because we are in many ways, completely different, but in many ways so alike. One of the first times we went out to eat, I told you to order whatever you wanted, do you remember what you got? I believe it was the chicken strip meal. You later said you felt so dumb, because you ordered, "practically the whole menu" and I ordered mozzarella sticks. Already on that night, I learned several things about you that I really liked. You had confidence, and generosity. Whether it was out of embarrassment, or whatever it was, you shared with me that night. A little chicken and some french fries. It may have been simple, but I stored that away in my mind.
Over the last four years, you have shared a lot with me. Some huge things, some tiny things. You've shared tons of laughs, even some frowns, loving criticism, and encouraging hugs. A love of music, some hard tears, but many happy tears. We can be serious, and silly, and I especially love the silliness. We shared the birth of our first son, and that was so amazing that we thought it would be great if God gave us two more the next time! That is hard, but as equally outstanding.
When I wake up in the morning, you are sleeping so peacefully. Sometimes cradling a little guy that was grumpy earlier that morning. I dread leaving bed, some because I am tired, but mostly because I could watch you sleep for hours. The sleepy smile that you wear allows me to go off to work and smile all day long.
You give me so much love, and support, appreciation, and most of all; friendship. Our definition of "us" has changed a bit from four years ago, but what I appreciate the most is that at the center our our lives is a love for God's Truth. Along with that comes a better love and understanding of each other, more comfort, and more confidence! Would I have planned our last four years exactly how it has turned out? Probably not, but would I change any of it? Absolutely not!! God's grace in our life truly is Amazing!
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















8 comments:
This is very sweet! Happy Anniversary!
happy anniversary week! to you both!
As the years go by, you will find, and probably you already have, that special days don't always have to be "celebrated" on "that particular day". Each day is special, and God's grace has allowed you to become a loving family that we dearly love.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY WEEK! ...
Mom
Awww ... so sweet.
Proverbs 31:28
"Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:"
Katie, you must feel so special to have your husband honor you in this way!!!
Aw, so sweet! Great post Jesse!
Great job, Jesse! I knew you could do it!
With the way today's society is, it is great to see more couples so in love with each other!
Congrats on your anniversary!
-Tiff
Nice job Jesse!
Post a Comment