Thursday, September 3, 2009

Four Years

Four years ago on this day.

To be honest, it's one of those days that I remember happening, but I was so young and in love that the day sometimes is hard to remember it all.

Of course, I remember the big details (the photographer being late, the butterflies, the beautiful music, etc), and it wasn't like I was out of my right mind, I just can't honestly say that I really remember all that was said and done.

But I remember saying something along these lines.....


I, Katie, take you Jesse
To be my wedded husband
to have and to hold
from this day forward
for better or for worse
for richer or for poorer
in sickness and in health
to love and to cherish
until death do us part
according to God's holy word
and hereto I give you my faithfulness


With this ring I pledge my love
and receive you as my loving husband
I promise to share everything with you
and be true to you always
in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit


Knowing what I know right now.....four years and one day later,
I would still do it all over again in a second.

12 comments:

Manda (+2) said...

I know the feeling of thinking wow I was young...

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Happy Anniversary!

Amy V said...

You look SO cute in this picture! So happy and in love!

Anonymous said...

YAY! happy 4 years!!!!! maybe in 4 more years you'll have 6 kids :P
LOVE Amy Paige

Megan Epley said...

That's pretty funny about the photo and us sitting across from Amy. I want to see pictures sometime... Next time I come to your house. :) Happy anniversary!

Cyclone football opener tonight. You watchin'? *snicker* Ethan made me put back my original outfit choice for Jack today and get all his ISU stuff on him for today. :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Oh you are funny, aren't you, Megan...
That would be a no. Unless we win free tickets. Then we will be selling them :) Or going...who knows :)

Well, you ought come to my house soon and see that picture :)

Unknown said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GUYS!!! Has it really been 4 years? In some ways, it seems like it should be a lot more...in a good way. So much has happened since then, so maybe that's it! Anyway, I'm really happy for you today and I hope you guys do a little something special on the actual day, then live it up at WICKED!!! :) Love you guys! Luree

Jenni said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!

maryiodith said...

Happy Anniversary!

Debbi said...

Happy Anniversary!

Alicia Lenoir said...

Wedding days seem to go by so fast, especially when you want the moment to last forever. I agree with you on not being able to remember everything, I don't remember everything either. Happy four years! what are your plans, hopefully something fun away from the boys for a while. Were you able to find a babysitter? They are great to use when you can.
Hope your day was just as special as it was four years ago.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great anniversary!
-Tiff