Not even an ounce.
"Better to laugh at yourself before everyone laughs at you"
"Better to laugh at yourself before everyone laughs at you"
My mantra since....oh, I don't know...Birth?
Better keep laughin' then.
Better keep laughin' then.
Anyways. This weekend, Jesse and I had our "anniversary date".
You're probably wondering what took so long, our anniversary was almost a month ago.
We went to see "Wicked" which just got to Des Moines this past week.
It was fantastic.
We got to Des Moines early in the afternoon and checked into our hotel, and went to a very nice resturaunt downtown, near the Civic Center.
On our walk to the Civic Center from the resturuant, I'll admit, I had a few problems.
Okay, so I twisted my ankle....like twice.
Exhibit A:
But we made it to our seats without any broken bones. And enjoyed the beautiful first half.
It.was.fabulous. Seriously, I think I cried 3 times.
Soon Intermission came, and we got up to stretch our legs. About 1/2 way through intermission, I decided that I wanted to go say 'hi' to a friend who was sitting in the 7th row.
SEVENTH ROW!! Sheesh....So, I turned to Jesse and said, 'come down with me! He opted for no. And I tried to convince him with the reality that I might fall down the stairs, and I need to hold his hand. He apparently had more faith in me than that.
So, I tried to hurry, because I didn't want to get 'stuck' down there after intermission was over. {Even though I did}
And you won't believe what happened. Well, you might.......
I ......
......fell........
.........down........
.........the...........
.....stairs.....
No joke. And not in a convenient place, where no one would see, like in a mob of people and everyone went "{HUGE GASP} ARE YOU OKAY"...
...Well, My pride was killin' me, and the blood running down my leg just added insult to injury.
Again, Exhibit A:
Exhibit B:
Exhibit C:
And...D:
No, but really, we had a GREAT time, pay no attention to the blood running down my leg {although I DID score a good deal of pity, a ridiculous bandage and a written 'incident report' from the House Staff} I highly recommend seeing Wicked if you have the means and opportunity. It is phenomenal!!!!!















18 comments:
Oh Katie! That is totally TOTALLY something that would've happened to me! But those shoes! Gorg!
So glad you had a good time and you look beautimous in the dress and shoes!
Love, love, love it!
P.S. Did you get into Centro?
Oh yes, and I'll be looking for tickets on Craigslist as suggested :)
OH before i forget, Yes look for tickets, but I am under the understanding that they do a daily drawing for $25 Orchestra tickets--you have to go to the ticket office and enter, but ...shoot! why not?!
Yes :) We did make it in at Centro :) 8 block walk from 10th & Locust to 2nd & Locust :) Obviously.
lol oh you poor thing!!!! Those stairs are scary though. I went on wed., sept. 23rd. AMAZING!!!! i also bawled like a baby. ;) mostly at the end because i was just overwhelmed... i've been wanting to see this play since it started showing a few years ago! lol :) LOVE IT! i want to go again. ;) teeheehee... but you looked fabulous! and i hope you heal well!
Already have my tickets - will remember not to wear heels or go down the steps to talk to people! Glad to hear it was worth it!
Oh what we girls do to look gorgeous {grin}. So glad you got to go and enjoy such an amazing time with your hubby!
oh nooo! it's a night to remember for more than one reason, yes? poor thing! but those shoes are gorg! you look great, too! ;)
0h Katie!! I feel so bad for you :) But seriously that's really funny - I'll bet you were mortified!
You are so beautiful - yes, even despite the blood... Oh man, so so sorry about the fall.
It sounds like such a fabulous time though!! I LOVE those times away of just my hubby and I.
Oh that fall must have been quite a site..in a skirt too. Yikes! Looks like a good evening overall though. :)
Oh Katie - that is not fun at all!! I will be holding your hand as we go next in two weeks! We wouldn't want that to happen again. Well - at least I wouldn't want to be with you if it happened again. Too embarassing! :)
I promise I'm not laughing AT you...just WITH you :) Too funny - painful and embarrassing, but funny!
Well I have to give you props for actually putting on a pair of heels post-childbirth. It takes a mighty act for me to put on heels, and my little girl is almost 4! :)
Sorry for the scrape, but it sounds like ya'll had an awesome anniversary night - even if there were a few bumps along the way!
HAHA! Sorry for being THAT friend down on the 7th row. Wasn't like it was MY choice to sit there! :) but i gladly accepted what was given to me. :) :) (<---yeah DOUBLE SMILE!). The show was AWESOME from down there, i won't lie. I didn't even notice your injuries because you looked so stunning!
This totally would have happened to me. So sorry for you ... more for the embarrassment than the cuts.
I so want to see "Wicked."
I feel your pain, although I typically fall up the stairs instead of down. But the shoes were totally worth it!! They're gorgeous. Glad you had a great time.
And yes, we love Rook too.
Oh, Katie! I'm sorry but reading your post did make me giggle a bit! Why doesn't this stuff happen to our men? Oh, right. . .because they can wear the same shoes with every outfit! LOL
What did you think of Centro? We ate their for our anniversary this year as well and LOVED it! Super yummy!
Hope your cuts & bruises are starting to heal!
*HUGS*
-tiff
Katie you look fantastic! I'm glad you had fun, besides the "wipe out" I'm glad you can laugh about it cause... what else can you?!
Post a Comment