Dear Heavenly Father,
There are definitely things in this life that I do not understand.
You know all about them.
In this life I will never understand why.
Why me, Lord?
Why have you dealt so mercifully with me?
I have not always honored you.
I have not always obeyed you.
I have given my heart to things that do not please you.
I am flippant & ungrateful of your many blessings.
In fact, there have been so many times when I have completely embarrassed and dishonored you.
And yet...you have given me gifts so far beyond what I deserve.
Salvation.
A husband who adores, protects and takes care of me,
a son who has brought more joy than I can even comprehend,
and beautiful, healthy twin boys who are capturing my heart in ways I didn't anticipate.
I have friends and family suffering in broken relationships, burying their young children, and planning their spouse's funeral....
....Lord, I weep for them.
And I feel guilty.
Many of them are far more worthy of the blessings that I've received in my life than I am.
And yet you chose ME?!?
Why Me?!?
"He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him.
As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
Just as a father has compassion on his children,
so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him.
For He Himself knows our frame; He is mindful that we are but dust."
--Psalm 103:10-14 (NASB, emphasis mine)
"Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning, Great is Your faithfulness."
--Lamentations 3:22-23 (NKJV)















2 comments:
Love it!
-Tiff
Amen. I don't read your blog often, but I am glad that I read this. What you said is true. We are so unworthy of what God does for us. All the praise belongs to Him! Thanks!
Press ON!
Post a Comment