Saturday, August 1, 2009

Pondering before Sunday Morning

A quote I read tonight. I won't commentate a lot on it, as I think it kind of speaks for itself. But I found it quite humbling and very much a soul-searching question. I pray that this doesn't define me, and I hope that it doesn't describe you either. Have a blessed Sunday!

"I would like to buy $3 worth of God, please. Not enough to explode my soul or disturb my sleep, but just enough to equal a cup of warm milk or a snooze in the sunshine. I don't want enough of God to make me love a black man or pick beets with a migrant. I want ecstacy, not transformation. I want warmth of the womb, not a new birth. I want a pound of the Eternal in a paper sack. I would like to buy $3 worth of God, please."


Wilbur Rees

quoted from Voice of the Martyrs - August 2009.

No comments: