Monday, August 3, 2009

Moving Forward

Goals.....kind of a daunting topic for a Monday morning, but for sure the best place to start.

We've established that I'm not the portrait of organization or cleanliness. However, UN-cleanliness has realllly started to get on my nerves, so I'd say that's progress, right?

Maybe I'm over ambitious, but being at home lately has made me want to conquer some of my organization demons and begin to be more of a fairy tale mom/wife--you know, the one that you pretend to be when you're dreaming as a 13-14 year old?

Things with two, scratch that, three babies have started to work themeselves out. It's not like I'm running 5 miles every morning with the 3 of them in tow, but I have successfully showered every single day since they've been home. It's the small things when you have multiples, really :) So I've decided I can begin to take on other tasks.....goals, if you will.


1. First and foremost, my relationship with God, has unfortunately taken a backseat since the boys have been born. Unfortunate, because I really need the Lord's help now more than ever to be the mom that they need me to be!


2. Get out of bed by 7:00am every morning. Except Saturdays. This should greatly assist #1.


3. Nurse/Pump for the boys until they're 9 months old. That seems like for-ev-er away!


4. Floss every day. I never really have gotten into flossing, but I'm sick of the run-around from the dentist.


5. Get Silas & Owen on good napping schedule by September 9. They'll be 3 months. It's time.


6. Monday--Laundry Day. Thanks Amy for the grrrrreat idea. Okay, but seriously. Monday is now 'Laundry Day'--not all week long. This may save my sanity..........or kill it entirely.


7. Friday--Floors & Bathrooms.


8. Get back into my pre-pregnancy clothing by September 25. Jesse and I are going to see WICKED!! For our anniversary and his birthday, and I think we're having a weekend date :) Yay! 30 Day Shred anyone?


9. Keep my kitchen table CLEAN!


10. Meal Plan. Cook. 6 out of 7 nights. Cereal is not cooking.


So you see, nothing completely shocking or earth shattering....but I need the accountability of telling all of you (whoever "you" is).


Okay...I gotta move....it's Monday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! What is this 30 day shed you are talking about? You will have to fill me in on that one!

And I have TONS of super easy, few ingredient, crock-pot recipes. Let me know if you'd like some of them & I'll forward them along. My crock was my best friend when my boys were babies!

It was great to see you the other day!

-Tiff

Unknown said...

I'm going to Wicked on September 25th too! It's my birthday present from my Aunt-in-law! Yay! Maybe I'll see you two there!

Unknown said...

Oh, and Sept. 25th is a good goal for getting back into pre-pregnancy clothes. I'm in on that one with you... :)

Amy said...

I have one child and still struggle with many of the above mentioned goals. Go, Katie, go! :)

Sarah said...

Impressive, friend. Seriously. You are cut out for this Mommy-of-Multiples-Plus-One thing!

Sarah said...

P.S. I'm trying to decide if you've inspired me...or if I feel more overwhelmed. Hmm...both. ;)