Okay, mindless entertainment. Last night, Jesse and I (no babies) made a quickie trip to DM (details on that to come--I'm soo excited!), and on our way there, listening to talk radio (I know, laugh it up!), the fill-in hosts presented the following question:
If you were stranded on a desert island, (with a DVD player), what would be the
Top 10 Chick-Flicks you would want to have with you?
So I've been contemplating my top 10....here goes:
10. Return to Me
9. You've Got Mail
8. Serendipity
7. Runaway Bride
6. Baby Mama
5. 50 First Dates
4. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
3. Hitch
2. Sweet Home Alabama
1. Kate & Leopold
Honorable mention goes to: The Wedding Planner, Along Came Polly, Failure to Launch, Never Been Kissed, 10 Things I hate About You, My Best Friend's Wedding, & One Fine Day
I realized as these radio hosts read their lists, that there are a lot of notable Chick Flicks that I haven't seen. The Notebook, When Harry Met Sally, Steel Magnolias, Pretty Woman, Sleepless in Seattle, Say Anything, Dirty Dancing, Grease (I know, I KNOW!), What Women Want, Jerry McGuire. Never seen them!
I need to check some of these off my Never Been Seen List. Any 'Must Misses' on that list? What's on your top 10? Anybody want to help me check off my list? Jesse, honey?? Anyone?
Oh, PS.....where in the world is Meg Ryan these days?! Its like she died!















8 comments:
ok, first of all, LOVE one fine day!! all time favorite! but of the movies you haven't seen...the notebook?? SERIOUSLY?! you haven't seen that movie lol...so good, they replay it on tv all the time, i just watched part of it on tv last week actually, other really good ones are when harry met sally, and steel magnolias, love both of those too! you will have to update when you do see them, i wanna know what ya think of them! :)
I, too, love and miss Meg Ryan. I can not BELIEVE your "have not seen" list. really! but whatev. :) I also agree with Ashley on "One Fine Day." One of my favs that you should add to your must-see list is "Hope Floats"!
I'll help :) I love a good chick flick and Dave...does not :) It's much more fun to watch them with someone who doesn't constantly mock the plot and general sappiness of it all. :)
However...you MUST see The Notebook. Dave liked that one, although I had a hard time getting him to admit it :)
I heard Meg Ryan got plastic surgery -- maybe she didn't like the results?
I was really shocked to read that you haven't seen Pretty Woman, Dirty Dancing, or Jerry McGuire. They're ALWAYS on tv and I've been them a hundred times each. :)
I really don't know what would be on my top ten... And I can't think of any to suggest. The aforementioned three I think you should see just because they are classics. :)
Yes, you DEFINITELY must see The Notebook! Just make sure to have a box of kleenexes handy.
Also, what about PS I Love You? Was that not mentioned?! Another tear-jerker, but worth the sobfest.
And Return to Me is also one of my all-time favorites. What's not to love about organ donation?
Here are the ones off your not seen yet list that I liked!
When Harry Met Sally, Steel Magnolias, Pretty Woman, Sleepless in Seattle, Dirty Dancing, Grease What Women Want, Jerry McGuire. seen them!
I get crap all the time for not watching many movies...still havent seen the notebook...heard you need lots of kleenx though!!!
Out of all the movies you just listed, seen and not seen, I've only seen Runaway Bride, Grease, and part of Dirty Dancing. I'm doing just fine. :) I can definitely live without filling my mind with worldly ideas of love. "Mindless" summed it up pretty well. And yes, I realize I'm quite in the minority.
Did you say you wanted advice on "MUST MISSES?" You mean, like, tell you if you shouldn't see one of your listed flicks?
Hmm...I saw some that I wouldn't watch...but, it's totally hard to know what YOUR taste is...you might like something I wouldn't dig. And maybe they would all be for totally different reasons...is the critique for quality, actors, moral stuffs? I will say, your 10, 9 and 8 on the Top Ten...pretty good. My sisters and I could watch Return to Me over and over!
Post a Comment