Monday, July 20, 2009

Too lame-o?

As we've established, I was slightly less than prepared for the twins' arrival. In fact, their room still has this on the wall: 

Along with about 36 other DIY projects on the docket, I'm ready to make their room.....well, theirs! And since the block letters cost $10/ea. and I just not going to do that, I'm planning to paint their names on the wall. Two catches...1) We have slanted ceilings in our upstairs & 2) How do you do 2 names? 

So below, is a rough sketch of what I'd like to do. Obviously I'll have some tweaking and perfecting to do, but before I go through all the work, is this too lame???

4 comments:

Debbi said...

I think the idea is great.

Have you thought about using custom vinyl lettering? It is fairly inexpensive, a lot less work, and easier to change in the future. I think you can have it done at someplace like ScribbleItOnline.com.

I'm sure whatever you do will be perfect!

Anonymous said...

You can also get letters at Michael's/Hobby Lobby for MUCH, MUCH less! That is where I bought Cora's & just painted them myself!

-tiff

Amy said...

I got the letters from Michael's like Tiffany said for Lily and they are much cheaper! I have also seen where people get scrapbook paper and decorate letters like that with spray adhesive and it's pretty cool.

I like your idea though -- if I were you (and maybe you have already thought of this) I would paint the word "TWINS" than the names. I don't know if that made sense or not :)

Amy said...

I just read my comment and realized I left out a few words -- it doesn't make sense! I meant to say

"paint the word "TWINS" in a different color than the names" for example the word twins in blue and the boy's names in red, or something like that.

Hopefully that makes more sense :)