Monday, July 27, 2009

A Gaggle of Thoughts

I've been saving up a lot of random things to blog about on a given Monday when my brain is not completely engaged....here goes :)
  • Before I begin, I'd just like to back up a few months and THANK the power of popular opinion. Not only were you all strong minded, you were actually RIGHT! 41% of you predicted that we would have Twin Boys....check. And 29% of you thought that the babies would be born sometime between June 3-10, and while you were probably sweating there at the end, Owen and Silas made it in on June 9. Ridiculous! Thanks for your votes, and please don't forget to vote in your Mid-term elections 2010, we need another change ;)
  • As I've mentioned previously, Hayden is teething. However, this past week it has gone 0 to 60 and the poor kid.is.miserable. He's currently getting 8. EIGHT teeth. 4 molars and 4 I-teeth. Every unpleasant symptom...he's got it ten-fold. Fever, cold sores, swollen gums, drooling, gagging on said drool. Wow....this needs to be over! I can't say for sure, but it is nearly as hard on me as it is on him. You'll notice in the pic below, he only has 2 front top teeth. Actually, he has 4, but his gums are sooo swollen that they look like they've disappeared! Sooo sad :(
  • So even before Silas & Owen were born, I had decided that when possible, Silas would be dressed or have green things, and Owen would have blue. Why, you ask? Silas & Green both have 5 letters and Owen and blue both have 4 letters. A little lame, but I'm a twin mom, I'm allowed :) We were pleased to learn this weekend that the same applies with BLACK & GOLD! Hayden isn't our only 'Hawkeye' baby :) Bring on football season!
  • Did you know.......that there are people in this world who have never ever seen babies? Okay, so that's a liiiittle exaggeration, but seriously, we are a spectacle everywhere we go. "Do you see that? There's TWO of them! Oh and they have a bigger one, too!" Oh-ma-word.
  • Thanks for all your advice on the wall-thinger front. I've had Cammi tweak the earlier design, so time for re-critiquing :)
  • On this past Friday night, Jesse and I started the highly-esteemed, totally-killer The 30Day Shred by Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser. Holy moley, I think I might die! Not so sure where I got the idea that not working out during pregnancy was a good idea, but I'm paying for it now, and making Jesse join me. And those of you have experienced can really sympathize with Jesse who used 15lb hand weights rather than lighter weights because we only had one set of light weights. Poor guy :(
  • Yesterday, our church had a Diaper Shower for our little guys. SO GREAT! Praise the Lord for a wonderful church family :)

  • Apparantly, having multiples can really be a cash cow. Or in our case, FORMULA cow. Hah. Seriously, didn't think about that pun:) We received in the mail on Saturday a random shipment of Similac, AND a letter saying we were getting another shipment in ADDITION to the Similac club that I signed up for. Hot dang!
  • I'm considering getting a perm. Cast your vote quickly, I may get ambitious. I've never had a perm in my life.
  • So I have a cupcake fetish, and I made some cupcakes on Saturday for a youth activity. Out of the box, per Sandra Lee. Usually my cupcakes taste good, I mean, how do you mess up a box mix of cupcakes, right? But, for the first time, I think ever, I read the box. Genius? I think so. I actually set the timer while my mixer did the work on the 'Mix on low for 30 seconds, then on medium for 2 minutes'...wwwwow! What a difference! The batter was soo fluffy! And usually I bring a couple cupcakes home with me from said activities. Zero. I brought zero home. And did you know that your batter increases because it has more air in it, so you end up with more cupcakes?! WOW!
  • Last thought..........love this ring I found on Etsy.com. Love.it :) Happy Monday, everyone!

5 comments:

Amy said...

30 Day Shred + 15 lb. weights = T.O.R.T.U.R.E. Poor Jesse!

Jenni said...

i love the vertial twins with the horizontal names!!! super cute...can't wait to see the finished room!!!!

Josh and Heidi said...

I like the fourth option the best!
I don't really have a blog. :)

MEganEpley said...

Is the similac club for all moms or for special moms of twins? I need some rebates too... :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

All moms--it's the Strong Moms program--I just got to sign up twice :) similac.com