Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Weekend Update

Little forewarning, this could be lengthy. My weekend started Thursday, and I'm going to include Monday :)
  • What a lovely weekend we had. Thursday after work, Jesse, Hayden and I went to Tulip Time in Pella, and ate lots of greasy, heart-burn ridden foods. Pella Sausage Sandwich, Poffertjes, Vetbollen & a funnel cake complete with strawberries & whipcream. I even shared some funnel cake with Hayden! He liked the strawberries, but was far less interested in them once he had a little bite of the actual funnel cake. Guess I earned that one :) Once we sat down for the parade, Hayden was an hour past his bedtime and not loving life. But the parade started and he sat quietly in daddy's lap until the parade was over.
  • Friday, we spent the day in Ankeny with my family attending my sister's college graduation. Graduations as a whole are not-so-fun, but it's always good to see familiar faces and the little old lady who had her hair dyed purple/blue just for said occasion. After stops at Target, Chips, the grad party, Hayden's 1 year pictures, Babies R' Us, and Old Chicago, we did finally make it home around 10:30pm. It was a good, but exhausting day.
  • Saturday, Jesse went to Adventureland, and I did some more Tulip Time. It was a lot of fun to spend the afternoon with Lindy & Megan, attempting to walk Megan's baby out :) Even if we were not successful. More yummy Tulip Time food, a Ribeye steak sandwich, more Poffertjes (this time with Strawberries & whipcream), and kettlecorn. Lindy & Megan enjoyed a nice $7 gyro. $7!! Not the place you'd take a family of 5 :) It was a beautiful day for Tulip Time, sunny, breezy, slightly chilly....but definitely enough sunshine to get a sunburn on my LEFT arm, and give Hayden some rosy cheeks. I am a terrible mother.
  • Which brings us to Mother's Day. We started off the day with boxes of diapers and wipes delivered by aunt Julie and uncle Al, courtesy of Grandma Johnston & great Grandma Limbaugh. Gotta love bulk diapers!!! We are really accumulating quite the stash! Jesse took us out to lunch for Mother's Day after church, and I enjoyed a nice afternoon nap. It was a lovely day.
  • Yesterday we made our rounds at the doctors. 32 week ultrasound for me, and Hayden's 1 year well-baby check. Quick update here, at 32 weeks and one day, we still have 2 head-down babies (Yay!!). One weighing in at 4" 4oz, and the other 4"10oz. Both look great, and the ultrasonogropher even pointed out some hair on Baby B's head, which explains the incessant heartburn. Hayden did great at his appointment, weighing in at 21"11oz and 29in. long. Slightly on the puny side, but follows a good rate of growth, so the doctor was not at all concerned. He thought developmentally, Hayden was doing great...I mean, seriously...the kid says "All done!" and "Yes" and "Hi" and "Dad"......he's not walking but we're getting there. Kisses, hugs, waving, lip smacking, lip licking, purposeful blinking, and clapping. I think we're doing just fine!

Okay, that was long, and not especially riveting, but it was a quick overview on our lives from the past weekend. I will post pictures within this post later today! Is it seriously May 12 already!??!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great, fun weekend you had! Can't wait to see the proofs of Hayden's 1 year pics!

-Tiff