Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Kinda Drooping

So, I had a twin mom friend, tell/advise me that everything after 30ish weeks is not a lot of fun when it comes to being pregnant with twins.

You may have already noticed that I don't think this is the "funnest" thing ever. It's true, some women LOOOOVE being pregnant. Some don't. I. do. not. As someone (me) who has always thought of herself as not ideally shaped, adding a big round growth on the front, extra weight in the face and water retention elsewhere is not something I particularly enjoy.

As far as pregnancy & labor/delivery, twins are about as unpredictable as they come. There is no question in my mind that this pregnancy was waaaay more difficult than Hayden. Waaay. And I've hit 30 weeks. Technically 31 weeks. Twin-mom friend was right. Everything after 30ish weeks is more difficult. Here are my new list of favorite symptoms:
  • I dropped (gasp! I know!) My very nice, chill dr. is not worried about it at all, but between Thursday & Friday of last week, I most definitely dropped. A noteable stretch-mark was definitely less close to my face Friday morning than 'she' was Thursday night.
  • Frequent urination. Gross, I know. I get up at LEAST once in the night, most of the time twice, which is far more than I used to.
  • Major pelvic discomfort. I try not to walk, *imeanwaddle*, very much. It's just that uncomfortable.
  • Swelling. My pregnant ring does not fit. My wedding ring hasn't for awhile, but that happened last time. This ring was my go-to/backup ring. It leaves a mark :( Oh, and my shoes don't fit. Do you think they'll offer me a special flipflop dispensation at work so that I don't have to go buy allllllll new shoes?!
  • More frequent and annoying Braxton Hicks. Heck, I don't know what they are. All I know is that they're not super comfortable, and often make me a liiittle light headed. I think they're fake ones, but I don't really remember what real ones feel like, and when those start to hurt. Remember, last time I was induced. I thought the whole thing was a piece of cake until they gave me Pitocin.

So, what does this mean? Who even knows, right? I surely don't know. What I do know is that up until last Thursday/Friday, I thought, aww no big deal, I've got another 6-7 weeks of this. Now....I'm not so confident of that fact. I'd say 3...maybe 4 weeks?

So I've devised another poll. Aren't you excited? Vote based on what you think my symptoms mean, not what you 'hope' happens. Obviously, the 'hope' is that we get to 36-38 weeks. But is it realistic? I've never done this before, but I'll let you know how it turns out. (And, no, I will not torture you or myself by reposting a recent picture of myself, most recent photo can be seen below.)

3 comments:

Debbi said...

Awww sweety! You are at the end of the marathon. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! You are a mama & you can do ANYTHING for your babies. Please be careful & rest often those babies need a few more weeks to cook.

Couple of suggestions...
*Soke your feet cold water often. Your hubbby should definitely be rubbing your feet every day now!
*Definitely ask to wear flip flops at work
*Use a good belly support thing (nerdy I know, but it really helps. I just used it at night) *Use belly butter on your stomach (helps with the itching & painful stretching)
*Ask your doctor if you can take Tylonel pm at night (by 32 weeks I was up every 1 1/2 hours at night & had trouble sleeping the tylenol helped)
So sorry if this a lot of unsolisted advise! You can totally ignore it if you want.

I voted 4-5 weeks. Most twins are born at 35-36 weeks. I had the boys at 36week 4day (my water broke at home), and was able to bring them home right away. I truly think my body just said "I'm done!!!"

You are doing great! Just a few more weeks now and you will be holding these precious little gifts!

Mandi said...

Ooooh Katie, that makes MY stretch marks ache! I just keep remembering how my last couple weeks felt in my pregnancy - and you're already THERE (heck, you've BEEN there for weeks now!). The above comment had some really good suggestions, but my goodness, I bet you're just ready to be DONE with this pregnancy. What an amazing mama you are!!

Hey, if you're looking to get some pictures done before those babies come, I'd LOVE to do my first "twin pregnancy" photoshoot ;-) and I usually give a good deal when it's my first time doing a certain shoot ;-) Let me know!

faithfloats247@gmail.com

Megan Epley said...

Being somewhat selfish and greedy these last few days, I just know that if you have yours before I have mine, I'm going to have a very immature and dramatic reaction. :)