Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hayden is 1!!!!!

I am a bad bad mommy. I did not blog my son's first birthday yesterday.....on his birthday (hangs head in shame).
It is absolutely surreal to me that one whole year has past since Hayden was born. Even more surreal, he's only been apart of our lives for a year. While it seems like just yesterday, it seems like he's been here forever!

Saturday night we held his 1st birthday shindig, and it was a lot of fun. Far more tiring than I ever anticipated, but nonetheless lots of fun!
Here are some pics of the par-tay.

Such a happy lil guy! Enjoying being the center of attention :)


Hayden's birthday cakes. My attempt at creativity. Quite possibly the last birthday cake I make for my children. Anxiety & stress levels were running very high late in that afternoon. Remember I'm an "aspiring" cake decorator....not an "accomplished" cake decorator :)
I soooo badly wanted him to plow into his cake, but alas, he took the high road, and attempted to stay clean. We prepared him for the worst, but he would only eat it spoon fed, the little turkey :) In his defense, he was quite tired by this point.

This really is the messiest he got, and it had nothing to do with any cake he ate. People tried to get him to eat it by putting the cake in his hand, so when he rubbed his eyes because he was tired, he did get frosting all over his face :) Makes for a good pic, anyway :)

The "five" of us on Hayden's birthday.

Okay, actually two days before his actual birthday, but whose counting?!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks like a good time! The cakes look great! You did a fantastic job -- although I can imagine the stress involved in making them, I would have been stressed out as well! :)