I got checked into the hospital yesterday.
Now, just hang on before you get all worked up and commit me to bedrest, I'll tell you what happened.
I had a late afternoon meeting yesterday with a group that I have to say is....kind of a pain. I think they think that I'm their secretary, and the project that they're gearing up for is all my job to plan and organize. In reality, the likelihood of me still working when this all happens is ....oh, I'd say slim to very slim. Anyway, I digress. On my way back to my office from said meeting, I started getting this sharp pain in my left side. With every step I took the pain seemed to compound and throb. But on a 1-10 scale, the pain level was probably a 3 or 4. So, I got back to my office and sat still and quiet for a few minutes, and the pain seemed to subside, but still a dull ache. So I decided to walk some more. Now sharper pain, still throbbing which each step I took. To the point really where I couldn't keep a straight face. It hurt.
Now, if I'd have been at home, I would've laid down til I felt better, but shoot, I work at the hospital, right? So, I thought "I'll just go talk to one of the nurses in the birthing center." I should really know better than this....really. So, as I was talking with one of the nurses, very nice lady by the way, she thinks it's probably just "Round Ligament Strain" whatever that is. Or gas. Lovely. "But, lets just hook you up for a minute and listen to the babies...."
Famous last words. An hour later I'm headed back to my office with a 'round ligament pain' verdict, no longer in any discomfort whatsoever, but having successfully freaked out Jesse because it's now 5:25pm, and my boss is wondering why the heck I'm still at work....
Why, why, why must I be so hypochondriac-ish about some things?!?!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















3 comments:
Because you are in your third trimester and carrying twins, that's why! I would've done the same thing :)
I'm glad everything was ok, Katie.
...Don't know if I've told you lately... I am really happy for you. :) What amazing blessings God's given you.
Yes, I would agree w/ Amy..."b/c you're in your third trimester and carrying twins!" See, I said it. I officially agree. ;) I don't blame you a bit, Katie. But, it makes for nice drama and a good post! ;)
Post a Comment