Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Vomit: The unexpected blessing

Around 8:40 this morning, my cell phone rang at work. Hayden's sitter, my friend Maggie. 

Vomit.

Not spit up. Vomit. So we devised a plan, thinking maybe some drainage he's had caused him to spew his cereal. 

9am text--took his bottle, out like a light. Good news! 

10am phone call--Threw up in the pack-n-play. Bummer!

I hate that the lil guy is sick. His sad, tired face just breaks my heart. Especially knowing Hayden like I do. He's happy even when he's not that happy. Fer real. 

However, my house looks like a tornado hit, laundry is piled up to you know where, dirty dishes everywhere. I've secretly been hoping for some downtime. I've contemplated taking a day off, but for those of you that know me well, you know I am not a particularly motivated person when it comes to cleaning. I have Exhibits A-Z that I could use to prove this point. So, taking a day off means I would stay in my PJ's til 10 and maaaybe shower by 11, then make the excuse that I don't want to clean now that I'm clean. This is my typical un-scheduled Saturday.

It's a beautiful 56 degrees, and the lil dude is sawing logs and some of the dust bunnies are about to meet their maker.  I'm up, dressed, showered, but already have gotten my hands dirty today, so I got my wish, like it or not....for me today, vomit is a blessing. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby boy! That is no fun!

So happy to hear you passed your glucose test! What a huge blessing!

-Tiff