When I was pregnant with Hayden, we opted not to buy "gender neutral" baby bedding. To be honest, I'm not sure why, but turns out......it doesn't matter. It wouldn't have even mattered if I were pregnant with twin girls. Hayden will still be in a crib when the babies come--he can keep his bed & room, as is. So....the new fun.....finding baby bedding for twin boys.
When originally testing the waters for baby bedding, I didn't know what we were having so I was trying to keep in mind something that would work for twins, one of each gender. What I found--I LOVED......but for two boys, I tend to think it is a little effeminate.
Exhibit A:
Google search Cocalo Bali.....it's beautiful, and if you don't know what you're having, it would make a LOVELY choice. Please tell me.....am I right, its too effeminate for two boys? Take into consideration Hayden's room is primary colors with trains, sports, etc.
Moving on......thoughts on Cocalo Cooperstown?
I say it is classic and lovely, but the price tag makes me want to gag. Does it count that it's for two babies, so I can divide the cost really in two...figuratively, of course.















4 comments:
oooh. I like the first...but, I'm thinkin' the second option is, like you said, classy for twin boys...and yes, the price-divide makes perfect sense. ;)
Anyhoo...you're right about the Bali being possible "girly..." actually, it's my three fav colors that I'm hoping to using for Josefine...I'm already knitting a brown, gray, blue and green blanket. :) Sooo...yes, it's beautious, but you're on to something with the effeminate thing. :) Good job, Mommy of Many Boys (that's your Indian name).
P.S. I think the touch of sports in option number two really makes it the winner! :D
I love #2 too. You could probably find stuff and/or people to help get that same look for cheaper. I am sure you have many creative resources or peoples to help or give ideas.
The second is definitely more masculine. The first I saw in person at Suite Dreams in Urbandale - the colors drew me in but I wasn't crazy about the patterns all together. I should email you a picture of our crib and bedding - it's so exciting! We just got our stroller/car seat last weekend too!
Post a Comment