Thursday, February 26, 2009

....and a Water with Lemon, please

It really all started because I don't like the water in every town, so when possible I would order my water with a lemon. Recently, though, blame it on babies or blame it on whatever you want, A water w/ lemon is truly where it's at for me. I actually have a lemon in a ziplock baggie in my fridge that I cut from on a daily basis to satisfy my desire for my water with lemon.

Truly, there is nothing more refreshing than a glass of cold water with a punch of tart lemon.
But I learned last night that there are actually health BENEFITS to this recent craving. I won't bore you with all of them, and please don't think I wrote the commentary myself--I truly am copying and pasting :) Lazy, I know.
  • Lemon water helps clean the toxins out of your body. Your skin can't look healthy if your body is holding onto toxins!
  • Lemon can help relieve many digestion problems when mixed with hot water. These include nausea, heartburn, constipation and parasites.
  • Because of its high Vitamin C content, it is used to prevent and treat many infections, hasten wound healing, and diminish allergies. Lemon juice also relieves symptoms of asthma, tonsillitis, and sore throats.
  • Lemon is a diuretic. This means that lemon water is especially good for people with urinary tract infections.

The list goes on, and as I said, I will not bore you with all of them, but may I just say HOW EXCITING is it to find out that something that I'm practically addicted to is actually GOOD for me! Thank you, babies!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Katie, I SO understand this need...I'm the SAME way. MUST have water WITH lemon...otherwise, I'm not really into drinking the water that I NEED to drink. Yesterday, the hubby took me out to Carlos O'Kelly's and I asked for a water with lemon. The lady FORGOT the lemon and I was bent on getting it! Otherwise, no way! ;)So, thanks for posting the health benefits! Good stuff!

P.S. I have a cut up lemon in my fridge, too... hehe!