Monday, February 23, 2009

Outnumbered in my OWN SKIN!

That's right, to the 27 who voted "Two Boys", I take back every mean thing I said or thought about you. You were right. I was not so right.
Okay...but in my defense....I was partly right, I knew they were the same gender. And when we saw on the ultrasound that one was "definitely a boy"...I knew the other one was, too.
So, my mother's instinct is a little off.......what are ya gonna do? It really is oh so poetic justice.

***I am the eldest of 3 girls, my dad always said "You're all going to have 3 boys, I just know it". Whatever, Dad...

***I have always said that I would have 3 children if I have a boy and girl first, if I had two boys, we would not 'press our luck' trying for a girl on #3, or vice versa. I did NOT want to have 3 boys.

***When Jesse and I were originally talking about baby names, we talked and talked about boy names and girl names, and he assured me that we didn't need to argue about girl names because "he doesn't make girl babies". He is no liar.

Since making the "announcement" the other day, I've heard my fair share of 'OH.......really?' Almost in a disappointed way. I know that is an easy reaction for people (and really myself), because everyone hopes for a well-balanced 2 boys, 2 girls family, but lets face it....God knits together every family differently and has ordained the make-up of each family to be different. So, please be just as excited for us to have boys as you would've for two girls or one boy & one girl. You never know.....the ultrasound could've been playing tricks on us ;)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey you! :) I'm SO excited for your news...I DID vote 1 boy and 1 girl, because I'm a dreamer like that and generally go for the most unlikely thing! :) That's why I voted "boy" for my own little poll...because somehow, I just knew it was gonna be a girl...I needed to vote for the underdog! Plus, that's what everyone else was thinking...girl...and they were right! It is funny, that your voters voted overwhelmingly 2 boys...as if somehow complete strangers can GUESS the gender of our children, and we are way off...it's a conspiricy, I think. ;) Anyway, I AM so very happy...I think it would be great to have all boys (that's been my growing up wish - I'm the oldest of 5 girls!)...so we can live vicariously through eachother! ;) Happy, happy day! I've been WAITING for you to post this! Thanks! :)

Amy said...

I, for one, can't wait to meet the rest of "the Johnston boys" :) I AM a little disappointed that you didn't have at least one playmate for Lily -- but that just means you have to try for at least one more ;)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Maybe that means you just need to have a little boy ;) You can make that announcement whenever you're ready....preferably the sooner the better :P

Amy V said...

If we have another baby and we have another boy, I am dreading the comments and disappointment that people will show! I know that I shouldn't care what they say, but it really bothered me a lot when I would tell people that Jacob was a boy and they would respond that way. Boy or girl, it is a baby and in NO way disappointing!