It's official. I'm sick. Very ill. I'm about to explode, and I should probably be locked in an isolation ward until further notice. The doctor says it doesn't look good and probably won't be cured until 2010!
Okay, okay, I am exaggerating JUST a little.
The official diagnosis is Cabin Fever.
I want to go on vacation in the worst way possible! And not just a little weekend getaway.....really vacation.
Relax, rejuvenate, ridiculously tan.
Last week when the weather was in the 60's was such a wonderful tease and it made me really long for spring........in Florida or somewhere else warm and beachy:)
My original plan (and God laughed) was that before we ever had a baby, but had decided we were ready to "try", we would go on a really nice nice nice vacation. Plan B was that this spring, 2009 before or possibly shortly after Hayden's 1st birthday, Jesse and I would go on a nice nice vacation. I am beginning to get the feeling that I am a constant source of comic relief for God.
Sooo...NOW.....I find great enjoyment from planning the REAL vacation. And let me tell you, it is gonna be a doozy. We're going all-inclusive fun and relaxation in the sunshine. Expedia is my new best friend and I am soo excited because 2010 will be our 5th anniversary year so we're going to have some fun. I haven't decided if we'll do Western Mexico, or Eastern Mexico or the Caribbean or the Bahamas....
....decisions, decisions.
But, knock on wood, we are NOT going to have another baby (or babies) that cancels this vacation.
So......any volunteers for free babysitting??? ;)
















3 comments:
Ooooh Katie, I am so with ya on this one! Two of our good friends just got back from super vacations all tan...really struggling with not being jealous, but planning a getaway of our own helps :) We have talked about a 5 year anniversary trip too :)
I did hear a quote once that seems applicable, "Man plans. God laughs." ;)
So, the other day I was visint a friend in the hospital and she said one of the channels they had available on the TV in her room was just pictures of beachy, sunshiny locations...I thought "How awful! To have to look at that and wish and long for sunshine and beaches..." I personally, thought the idea was cruel...and would make me crazy for a vacation, too...esp. if I was couped up in the hospital! So, I'm happy for you that you're making it a reality! :) Should be fun! ANYWAY, your picture of the tropial island made me think of that. But, don't worry, it didn't make me crazy...yet. ;) Have fun planning! I hope it works out!
Well, we are definitely in the "dreaming" stages rather than the "planning" stages of this here vacation. Which is 1) more fun and 2) cheaper! ;)
I've just "decided" that we're going...whoever wants to come along is welcome! Well, almost whoever :P
Post a Comment