In four years, we can get a new president, new governors, be thrust into a completely different world war, or economic situation. Complete high school, college, and even higher education.
Four years ago today, was the date that Jesse asked me to be his wife. (I know! It has been four whole years!) It was actually a Thursday in 2005, during the wrestling tournament.
He took me out for some "just us" time, which really suprised me because his cousin Jordan was wrestling in the Quarterfinals that night, and usually that would be a 'must-attend' event for him. I thought I was on to him. But when he picked me up at my apartment, he asked me where if I wanted to eat or go do something first....which totally threw me off, I knew better than to think that he would ASK me what I wanted to do on our date when we got engaged--he is far more planned out than that.
We decided to go do something first. He took me to the Longview Golf Center in Johnston and he taught me how to swing a golf club--and I was HORRIBLE! After embarassing myself as much as humanly possible, we left the golf dome and walked around on the grounds of the golf course that overlooked the lights of the city of Des Moines. I don't remember what we were talking about, but I apparantly thought I had a lot to say and was doing a lot of talking and walking ahead of him and I twirled around and he was just standing there all sweet and adorable holding the ring box open. My memory of the event goes quite foggy after that, but he must've gotten the point across ;)

A lot has changed for Jesse and I since February 24, 2005. We are not the same naive kids we were that day, and certainly in ways we could not have forseen. We joined our lives together, honeymooned, changed jobs, moved to Oskaloosa, bought a house, two dogs, one beautiful little boy, and now......... two MORE babies.
But so much more has stayed the same, he is still the only one to capture my heart, affections, and attention. And by God's grace alone, I pray that our marriage will grow but we will maintain the wonder of that chilly night in February, 2005















2 comments:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't remember that story! Either I never heard it or (blame the pregnancy) I forgot! :) Lovely...
Hi! Just wanted to say that your story is so sweet! and your son is SO adorable!!!! i have a 11month old son, Nathaniel, and i am very jealous that you're pregnant with twins! That must be so exciting! I'm a Navy wife living in Virginia right now, but my home town is Osky, and i'm moving back with my son in about 2 weeks. My husband has to stay here and go out to sea with his ship. :( But anyways... just wanted to touch base. I found you through Ashley Drake. :) God Bless!
Post a Comment