I can hardly believe nine whole months has passed since the birth of our first born. Wow! I have to admit, just thinking about it makes me very teary-eyed! Technically, his 9mos is tomorrow (Wednesday), but I have a lot going on tomorrow, so I thought I'd be early rather than late.
In 9 months, my sweet baby has changed so much. Everyone says 'Enjoy it, they don't stay little very long' and while it seems so cliche, it is so true! Every new stage I think "I think this is my favorite so far", but I'm always in awe that the next 'stage' is just as great!
I must admit, when I first found out I was pregnant, in August 2007, I was pretty disappointed. I always wanted to have babies, but I was really in a place where I was very content with how things were, wished we could have a little more "us" time, not to mention, we had goals we wanted to accomplish before becoming parents. But I am telling you, I would not trade it for the world--Hayden is one fantastic little man :)
In just nine short months, Hayden has managed to capture our hearts in ways I know I didn't think were possible. I knew we would love him, but this is beyond words. God is so good!
Hayden......
is the happiest baby I know, and I'm not just saying that;
is a great sleeper!
has been vocal from day 1;
is in love with the pacifier!
is a fantastic, non-picky eater;
has an expression of pleasure for every bite he takes;
has 3 teeth;
is extremely mild tempered;
looks a lot like his daddy :)
has an adorable dimple on his left cheek;
has crazy bed head!
loves to smile and laugh (see video above);
will be walking very soon--he is on the move!
loves to pull his socks off;
is extremely ticklish;
is nearing the 25 lb. mark, and wears sz 4 diapers and 12 mo. clothes;
doesn't cry a lot, but still expresses his dissatisfaction;
is very aware of his surroundings;
doesn't like his carseat cover to cover his face, so he holds the face flap up when possible :)
loves to splash around in the bathtub!
loves other kids and babies;
is not shy, but is a little skiddish around people he doesn't know;
loves to wave;
loves to hug and kiss mommy and daddy :)
is a gift from God!!!
Obviously this wasn't written in any poetic format, because it wasn't meant to be a poem. Just a list of little run down of some of the things that melt my heart about him.
Ephesians 3:20 & 21 'Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to HIM be glory in the church by Christ Jesus, throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen '















1 comment:
Oh my word, that video is adorable! There is just nothing more awesome than a baby's laugh!
Post a Comment