Thursday, January 21, 2010

What's In a Year?! {and a giveaway}

In one year we've gone from this:



to this:


to this:



to THIS--Our new "Normal"



A lot can happen in a year, huh?

One year ago today, I got a wild hair....

Not the kind I was talking about the other day....sick....

I thought to myself, "Katie...why not start a blog?!"

And before I could sensibly talk myself out of it, OR ask my husband if he thought it a good idea.....it was done...and the "Baby Factory" was born. {sorry for the lame pun}

For some reason, my 20-something week pregnant-with-twins self thought I had something to document....something to offer the blog world....or maybe it was just to de-lurkify myself. Or D) All of the Above.

I must say, this year has been just about as ridiculous as they get from blogging to our 1st baby's 1st birthday, to making him a big brother a month later, to spending 16 days in the NICU to becoming a SAHM......my head is spinning and my stomach churning recounting the madness and the blessings.

It's hard to wrap my little brain around the fact that 85 of you publicly claim to "follow" this crazy blog.....let alone all of you who say "I read your blog all the time" but don't actually "follow".

AND.....I never ever dreamed that my blog would "brand" me....
...like for instance...
"Hey, that's Katie from the Baby Factory over there".....are you kidding me?! I am a normal person with a silly blog! Haha! That is awesome!

I am humbled by your interest in my life, boring as though it seems to me. And I thoroughly enjoy the comments you leave me. If you ask me, blogging is WAY better than Facebook.

SO...To thank you all for a great year....and commemorate a c-razy year...
....I'm having a "Blog-o-versary" giveaway!

I told my sweet hubby that for my blog-o-versary I was gifting myself a laptop....

...to which he promptly laughed in my face and said ...."your WHAT?!"

....Soooo maybe next year, honey??

Okay, back to the giveaway....
Smokey Row is a beautiful little coffee house we have here in my town and they sell their own coffee blends....trust me...you want to win this!
{we'll do tea if you hate coffee}

AND

2 Dutch Letters from Jaarsma {YARS-ma} Bakery 
A lovely Dutch bakery here in our little town. Again, a great find.

To Enter:

1) Leave me a comment on this post
{even if you've never commented before}

2) Become a follower {if you are already a follower...your 2nd entry is automatically entered}

 For additional entries {this is for those of you who are competitive}:
Go back in my archives and leave a comment on any post through July 2009.
{I think I'm really askin' for it with that....but we'll see how it goes}

Entries will be received in order and a winner will be selected at random {using Random.org} at midnight on Friday the 22nd.

Thank you all for one great year of blogging. It has been so fun and you have all encouraged me with your sweet comments and crazy blogging awards *blush* and encouragement through the 'uncomfortable' times of twin pregnancy!

35 comments:

Jill said...

Congratulations on your one year blog-o-versary! I think a laptop sounds like an excellent way to celebrate. : ) You've got an adorable family.

Amy V said...

Ok, I want this gift!!!!=:) I have tried to"follow" before and couldn't get it to work. I will try again! It was great seeing you the other day. Your baby boys are so adorable!

amy said...

Now you have 86 followers=:)

peter marie said...

Congrats on your anniversary!! I found your blog through Katie's and have enjoyed reading it and am amazed at how you do everything with those 3 sweet boys.

Those are amazing prizes. I went to Central, so...
#1. Huge fan of Smokey Row
#2. Huger fan of Jaarsma

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your journey with motherhood-- you have such a good sense of humor despite the challenges of three! babies!! Oh yeah, I love coffee too. Sign me up!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I'm going to attempt to be a follower. You know. . .give myself a name rather than anonymous! LOL

-Tiff

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Sweet, sign me up! And congrats on a year! :)

Joel said...

I'm so entering this contest! Pick me pick me :) Love ya katie!

Dan Cox said...

Well...Maggie and I were just talking about how we don't win anything so...doesn't hurt to leave a comment and see how we don't win again. lol! You may think your life is boring but you sure have a lot of funny stories about the boringness!

Sarah said...

An amazing year, Katie! :) Wow...when you put it all together like that, with pictures and everything...it really makes you realize how crazy it was for you guys...and yes...blessed! :)

So, I'm entering! :) I Heart Smokey Row!

Sarah said...

Weird...so, I thought I was already following you. Hmmm...well, now I am for sure!

Lori said...

You are one crazy lady starting a blog right before you had twins! Since I found your blog a few weeks back, I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

congrats on your "bloggy-anniversary." the little things we bloggers get excited over...jeez. ;-)

and i am already a follower...

hope you're having a great week!

Unknown said...

well, personally, i like to read your blogs because i get to keep up with you guys and enjoying seeing pictures of the boys. it's a great thing.

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Yeah, I've seen "Katie at the Baby Factory" around the blog world lately and had to come check you out...you're a lot of fun, regardless of a giveaway! :-)

I can't believe you had THREE children in ONE year.

I'll bet you DO have some stories to tell. :-) I'll be back around to read some of 'em. Nice to *meet* you!

Mandi said...

Hey, I think a laptop is a very appropriate blog-iversary gift ;)

Ooh, and I'm a HA-UGE fan of local coffee houses and their own roasted coffees so count me in on that one! And Dutch Letters?? Oh come ON, I think I just drooled a little on my keyboard. I miss them!!

And you know I'm already a subscriber ;)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Wow...a drawing of pure goodness! Of course, I love reading about all your fun with twins! I'm excited to see God provide the next set...he.he.he! Maybe I should get an extra entry for recognizing you in public?!? Gotta try...

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Phew...good catch! How could I not have clicked that little button already? Thanks! I should have had a clever reason like I was trying to be #100...89 is noble!

une autre mère said...

Happy blog-o-versary! So glad you started one so I can keep up on your crazy life. :) I'm already a follower - of course!

Anonymous said...

So, I left two comments already and I still don't see them on here! Am I doing something wrong???
Luree

Rachelle said...

Congrats on year one! Let the blogging madness continue!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I think I know what I am doing wrong! I love it now that I may have figured it out....I'm an annonymous!!! Anyway, I am happy about your giveaway!! Luree

Rachel said...

Wow - I think you win the award for most changes in one year's time!!!! You really have a beautiful family :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Holy cow you have your hands full! What a beautiful family, and thanks for visiting my blog. I will for sure be back :)

Annie said...

i'm amazed by your family life! you are one strong fabulous momma/wife! :)
i'm glad you started a blog, i enjoy reading about your adorable little family!
the blog is a perfect online scrapbook for a busy momma like yourself. you coud have your blog printed as well to document each year.

Annie said...

of course i'm a follower!!
love this giveaway hun!!


p.s. watch my blog on the next week or so i'll be doing a giveaway soon as well.

Anonymous said...

I am already a follower and I am now leaving a comment but aside from the contest, I just wanna tell you I love your blog , your entries and seeing your beautiful family!.....and to assure all the other readers, your prize is DEFINITELY worth competing for!!! no disappointments!!!!!!!! keep up the work Katie, I look each day on my RSS to see if you have posted anything new. :)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

You know I <3 your blog. So glad you started one. Happy Blog-O-versary. :)

Amy said...

Congrats on your blog anniversary. Here is to another great year.
Blessings,
Amy

Jamie said...

WOW, what a year it has been for you! I'm so glad you decided to take up blogging :)

Beth said...

Just wanted to say Happy
Blog-o-versary. I figured out how to follow people....yeah for me! You are inspiring with 3 so close together! Love hearing about it!

Beth

Jeanette Knutson said...

I know you are gonna think I am sucking up (and I am ok with that), but recently I have gone back to the archives and read te blogs that you wrote before I was a follower. I have often thought of commenting, but thought it was lame because they were such old post. I now plan to go back and comment. :)

Donna said...

Hi Katie!! I LOVE your blog!! Don't know much about it - this is the first time I have commented (hope it works!). I also am going to try and become a follower. . anything for a couple of dutch letters!! : ) yummmmm!

Continue to pray for you and Jesse as you raise your three adorable boys!

Katybug19 said...

Hey Katie,

Can't say that I know you other than through you blog. I knew Jesse in highschool and found out about your blog from his facebook page. I love your writing and your humor. Keep it up!