Friday, March 26, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday



(1)

It is Friday already?!? Just kidding, this week has been a nice breather after several weeks of worrying and being nervous about my speaking engagement last Saturday....AHHH....so nice to just relax!!

(2)

Seriously, what a week has this been?! Between Healthcare and the NCAA tournament and oh yeah, the Obama Administration insulting Israel...its not just my bracket {oh right, I didn't fill one out}, that is going in the pooper.

For the record, I am a strong ANTI-healthcare reform supporter. It is an infringement upon my rights as an American to be required to carry health insurance, and we all know that Medicare was/is a mess....why would we ALL want Medicare?!? And it absolutely enrages me to be accused of being uninformed, unintelligent or just plain out of my mind to NOT agree with President Obama. No, its not just because I vote Republican, it's because I am AMERICAN and I enjoy and appreciate the FREEDOM upon which this country was founded, and I want our representatives to do their job and REPRESENT their constituents.  And if I remember correctly, it is people of all political backgrounds who aren't in favor of having healthcare reform jammed down our throats in 11 months for $1 trillion. 

Sorry, I didn't intend that to be a soapbox.

(3)

Speaking of the bracket that I didn't fill out...
....GO UNI PANTHERS!!!!

I'm enjoying the bandwagon experience, but protecting my emotions by saying.....How many times can you really tempt fate?! 

(4)

Anybody need a new TV show to watch???? 
May I suggest NBC'S "Who Do You Think You Are?" produced by Lisa Kudrow. 
Oh my word, tell me you watch it! It is soooooo fascinating! 
From Sarah Jessica Parker to Emmitt Smith to Lisa Kudrow.....all learning about their genealogical backgrounds, which may not sound entertaining, but it is spine chilling. SO SO good. Friday nights @ 7pm. 

(5)

Maybe it's springtime....{which I LOVE}, but my list of 'To-Do's' has grossly expanded and my number of weekends that are "Open for booking" from now until......September is pathetic to say the least. If you have something to put on my calendar...I highly suggest getting it on the agenda ASAP.

(6)

Official as of Tuesday evening, we have 3 mobile children. Yes, it's true. Silas has been crawling for about a month, but now Owen is crawling.
He's not breaking any landspeed records, but he gets where he needs to...
And that's just Owen for you....

(7)

For breakfast this morning I ate this....


And that.....is a Happy Friday, my friends :)

7 comments:

Donna said...

Just three things.....
Amen to #2!!
Go UNI!! (AND ISU Women)
AND..... I NEED that recipe!

: )

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Donna--just click on the link on the name :) They're ridiculous......

H-Mama said...

You crack me up, girl.
The breakfast of champions. ;)

Debbi said...

#1 - Love Saturday!
#2 - Totally agree. I am praying harder than every before for our country.
#3 - Go Panthers
#4 - Will check it out. Usually there is nothing on Friday night worth watching, so it would be a nice change.
#5 - Isn't it nice that some many people love you & fill your schedule up?!
#6 - Hurray for Owen & Silas. You are about to burn WAY more calories a day :)
#7 - Yummy!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Oh my word...those bars look positively sinful!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Yum! Those bars trump my...bran flakes. I'm such a grandma!

une autre mère said...

Couldn't agree more with you on the health care issue. Thanks for stepping up on your soapbox. :) And I also love that show! Makes me want to find my ancestors! I'm sure they're all royalty... You know my dad - he's got to be from some special lineage...