Wednesday, February 10, 2010

We Interrupt Your Regular Programming.....

.......for the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Games!!!!!!!!!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooooooooo!!!!!


*ahem

Pardon my excitement....my voice is currently incapable of shouting, 
so I must do it in bloggy form.

So, just so we're clear, I'm kind of an Olympics junkie.

I just can't resist all the pomp & circumstance that goes into it....

...the Today Show cast broadcasting from the Olympics....

...the pageantry of the Opening Ceremonies....

...chills from the Olympic anthems being played on NBC, ONE of which {Summon the Heroes, my middle school concert band played--I'm kind of crazy, you'll get used to it}

....cheering for potential American heroes....

....trying to remember what their names are...
...is it Anton Apollo Ohno or Apollo Anton Ohno?! I can never ever remember!

...getting teary when the American Flag is raised during the Medal ceremony...

...bawling like a baby when they play the Star Spangled Banner for a gold medalist...


...cheering for the likes of Sasha Cohen, Michelle Kwan, Tara Lipinski, Nancy Kerrigan...

*chills*

I can't wait!

So.......what's YOUR favorite part????

12 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Ice skating!

I watch, Dave rolls his eyes :)

Anonymous said...

oh katie!!! i am so excited too. a SAINTS SUPER BOWL WIN...AND...the 2010 OLYMPICS starting in the same week. LOVE IT!

while i do love to watch figure skating, i am such a tomboy at heart i just can't resist snowboarding and shawn white. oh and i'll be watching lindsey vonn and her downhill skiing as well!

CAN'T WAIT!

tmeyer said...

I love everything about the Olympics too! All the emotions, the pride, and triumphant...can't wait!!!!!!!!

I know how you feel :)

une autre mère said...

I'm with Amy. Figure skating all the way. Although I love to watch it, I love to laugh even more at the cheesiness of some of the skaters. Especially the male ones. I'm pretty sure that's a sport that Chad won't be signing Tate up for anytime soon...

Alicia Lenoir said...

I absolutely have to agree with you that I am an absolute Olympics junkie, believe the next couple of weeks I will be trying to get all the olympics II can watch in. I will definitely be watching the figure skating. I can remember years of taping figure skating because I was going to miss it. I love all the winter sports and agree that I am moved when they raise our flag and play the anthem.

Donna said...

I am a fellow Olympics junkie - goosebumps, teary eyes and all!! I LOVE the Olympics - especially the Winter Games. Let's see: skiing, snowboarding, figure skating, speed skating, bobsledding, yes and even curling!! I pretty much like it all. I love to see the National pride and unity during the games - seems like we don't see much of that anymore.

nbcolympics.com is bookmarked on my computer and I just checked the countdown: 2 days, 8 hours and 45 minutes!!!!

Oh and I even told David the other day that he was about to become an "Olympic Widower" for 17 days starting Friday night!!!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Oh - I'm excited too. I think alot of the fun for me this year is watching my four year old watch it. :) He is in awe of it all and that is just stinkin' cute to watch!!
I do love figure skating and snow boarding too. :)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Me too! Our whole family turns into Olympic junkies! Last time, we recorded hours of it and replayed it weeks later! My favorite part would have to be hearing our national anthem...tear jerker! I love ALL of the winter games! Go BOB COSTAS! Isn't he like a long lost friend when the Olympics roll around!
Sorry for the mile long comment...excitement!!!

Yankee Girl said...

I cannot wait for the Olympics! I have all of the coverage DVR'd and can't wait to watch it with a cold beer.

I love the skiing, snowboarding and speed skating. Anything that is fast-paced!

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

Figure skating is definitely my favorite part of the winter olympics- hands down! I get so nervous when they skate though...it's almost hard to watch!

Jamie said...

Me too, Me too! I love it all!

Amanda said...

Oh gosh. I think beach volleyball is my favorite. :) I just dont get into it that much!! We'll see now that I have kids old enough to get it what they like best!

Blessings-
Amanda