Thank you all for you well wishes and such about my blog yesterday.... don't forget I'm picking a winner for my giveaway tonight a MIDNIGHT, so enter if you haven't!!
************************
So it just so happened that for my blog-o-versary, I decided to get a massage...
....not because it was my blog-o-versary, it just happened that's how it all worked out, and was a fitting "gift" to myself.
So I leave the house at 5:20pm...and go to the "Land where cell phones go to die" and at 6:30 as my massage was wrapping up, my phone text message goes off...
"The Power's Out", rec'd at 5:45, Jesse.
Are you kidding me?!? I've been gone for like 5 minutes!
Oh yeah, and we were having friends over for the evening....lubbly...just lubbly.
***************************
So I get home from a lovely massage. Sure enough, it's dark with 9 candles glowing, a few flashlights and friends at our house.
I tell you what, when you don't even have the glow of the digital clocks....it is dark.
So instead of ordering pizza as originally planned, we decided to go out so we didn't have to sit by candlelight.
Did I mention that I had a haircut scheduled for 7:30pm?
**************************
I ordered my salad at the restaurant and hoped that it would come before I had to leave at 7:28.....it didn't. But at least it wouldn't get cold ........ ;)
So, I get to my hair place and she's running a little behind.....
"....drat....I could've eaten my salad!"
Oh well....
It was supposed to be a trim....
But according to Jesse, I'm like, bald.
Okay, not even close to bald, and in his defense, Jesse never said that....I needed the "dead ends" cut off, and she did cut off the dead ends...there was quite a bit of nasty ends in there. So she did exactly what I asked.
Thank you, once again, to my Post-Partum Hair Exodus.
On the plus side of things, my hair is a lovely shade of brunette and that pesky ONE gray hair is gone-zo.
9:05pm, the phone rings at the hair salon.
"Is Katie Johnston there?"
"HEY are you about done? Your left your cellphone here, I left my debit card at home and have no way to pay for our dinner and you're our ride home."
**babies melting down in the background**
*************************
On my way back to the restaurant, I drive by our house....still dark, along with 4 other houses on our block --out of 40 houses. We are not so much high priority.
BUT their are trucks a half block away. Sweet.
I explain to Jesse that we still don't have power, but we have HOPE.....TRUCKS!
My salad is in a to-go wrap. AND I got my Pepsi in a to-go cup. *grin*
***************************
We drive by our house.
Dark.
Trucks are gone.
Awesome........
Start thinking about what we needed to get around to sleep elsewhere for the night.
I stay in the van with 1 crying baby and 2 sleeping babies.
5 minutes later, Jesse comes back and says there are people out front who think we'll have power in a few minutes.
Bless America!!
15 minutes later....we are LIVE and the wires are HOT, praise the LORD we have power!
And my Cobb Salad is safe in the fridge for lunch today.
***************************
I need a nap. And a big fat cuppa Joe.
Pea.Ess......Don't forget to enter my giveaway!! Only 15 hours left!
















15 comments:
Your life is a blog post waiting to happen my friend...
Our lights flickered for a little bit yesterday and my heart stopped just a little bit.
For once I'm thankful we live in a neighborhood without a lot of mature trees!
Glad your power is back on. Living in cold darkness does not sound like a good time to me.
I'm glad you got your much needed massage and now I want to see pictures of your new 'do!
I'm a new follower!
Wow! How your life has changed in a year. Awesome! You are blessed! :)
CHECK out the comment a few posts down, Katie.
Nightmare!!
Katie I'm convinced stuff like that can only happen to you :) It's like something that would happen in a movie! How you stay sane is beyond me. And Jesse stayed at a restaurant with three kids by himself? WOW! I don't even think Joel would with Delaney :)
You guys are pros.
Oh my goodness!! What a crazy night...! I am sure your hair looks gorgeous!
Blessings-
Amanda
You are a trooper! :)
I'm impressed with Jesse too! I hope you were still able to relax once you got home (finally) after your massage!
Bwa haha... I had my own comment but can I just ditto the first comment (Wendi's) please? That's just funny. And true ;)
Can only say that God's timing is perfect! He knew you were going to need that massage! But did you need another after all that transpired?
Love ya,
Mom
WOW! What a day! You definitely needed some coffee AND chocolate!
Have a great weekend!
Karen
Wow... what a random day! But a haircut & massage all in the same day must be absolutely wonderful! :) Love your blog, its delicious!
Welcome to Caffeinated Randomness & have a lovely coffee-filled weekend!
I'm tired just reading about your day!
I'm with alihsee - haircut AND massage? Girl, I am jealous!
I'm so glad you joined us today!
Post a Comment