Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Random Dozen: A Nasty, Wasty...........Skunk?!
1. Gingerbread: For or against? Discuss.
Houses? Meh....if I'm going to waste my time decorating, it's going to be something with eating pleasure at the end.
2. Is it important to you to always stay (live) close to family?
Well, it is incredibly helpful seeings as we have a multitude of children.
3. Which holiday pretend character do you wish really existed?
What's with the hard questions today....goooooodness.
I guess, this isn't really a fictional pretendish character or anything, but I do always have to remind myself that George Bailey's family isn't REAL.....it's TRUE....when I sit there bawling like a little girl I have to remember....it's.not.real.
4. Which holiday movie best represents how you feel about Christmas or life?
Seriously. A hard question. I don't even watch that many holiday movies because unless they're classics, they're usually lame.
Is it bad that right now I have 'You're a mean one.....Mister Grinch.....you're a nasty, wasty.....{can't remember the next word.....}' stuck in my head?? If I believed in signs, that might be one. However I do not.
5. Is there a particular Christmas song that you're enjoying now? Any that you're tired of?
I've always enjoyed Sleighride. Don't need the words, just the music.
6. What is your favorite way to remember those less fortunate at Christmastime?
Okay....loads o' hard questions today.
I have to be honest.......I'm not so good at this. I do organize the college care package program at our church. If you consider college students to be among the less fortunate, than I'm your girl.
Okay, okay.....I'll work on it.
7. Does it upset you to see "Xmas" instead of Christmas? How about "Happy Holidays" etc., instead of "Merry Christmas?"
Again with the hard questions.
I would say Xmas bothers me WAY more than Happy Holidays. Does it really take that much longer to write Christmas?!?!? It's not supercalifragilisticexpialidotious or anything.....THAT I would consider writing X-dotious.
I obviously prefer Merry Christmas.....but I do recognize that New Years is in there, and Hannukuh...{I am a friend of Israel}, Kwanzaa kind of confuses me....but Happy Holidays doesn't irritate me like Xmas does. Xmas really irritates me.
8. How many Christmas programs are you attending this month?
Just 1. Next Sunday. I'm playing the piano. God, be with me.
9. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Any chance of that dream becoming a reality?
That dream is far beyond a reality. More like a nightmare.
10. Tell me about a Christmas present you received as a child. Pics are always nice.
This question was on another survey....and I'm having a hard time recollecting things....I do remember getting Figure skating Ken & Barbie when I was 6.....somewhere in non-digital format there is photographic evidence of this....too bad for you.
11. How many Christmas parties are you attending this month?
I just attended my 3rd and final last night. T'was a good time.
Those stealing grab bag gift games though.......gets me every time. I'm kind of competitive....and kind of annoying.....and overbearing....I kid, I kid. But I am competitive, and I DID almost get the coolest thing. Stolen....by a sweet old lady.
Maybe next year.
12. How do you keep yourself centered on the significance of Christmas?
I was reminded last night of all the promises that Jesus Christ fulfilled through his birth, and how Christmas songs......are my prayer & praise FOR his birth. He came to bring Light to our darkened world. Praise Him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















6 comments:
I love white elephant exchanges. Although I always seem to get the worst possible gift :)
Those were some toughies! Wanted to let you know that through your blog, you have helped me to strengthen my relationship with God. For that, I am extremely grateful to you! Thanks for sharing your strong faith with us!
-Tiff
Here's an interesting blog by Jay Adams (remember him from counseling classes?) on the "X-Mas" controversy...
http://www.nouthetic.org/blog/?p=3004
It kinda cleared stuff up for me.
Merry Christmas!!
Thanks Emily, that is a helpful article.
I do know people though who call it Xmas purposefully to leave out Christ.
Sleighride... our family loves to prance around to this song. You're right... you don't need the words. ;)
Playing the piano... You go, girl!
Maybe you could have someone video you playing the piano then you could post it on your blog for all of us to enjoy. Just trying to help you out...it isn't always easy to come up with blog ideas and a video blog post would be so much fun!
Post a Comment