Friday, December 4, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday



-1-
Happy Friday Everybody! I am personally thrilled that today my husband is working! Not because he's out of my hair or anything of that nature, but this is the FIRST five day week that he has worked in well over a year. Praise the Lord!
I haven't mentioned his work situation very much on here because at times it feels irrelevant and at times trivial, so here is the quick version:
The company's goal is to be 'working towards' a 40 hour work week by February. If they find that they don't have enough work for 1800 employees to work 40 hours, the will reduce the workforce. He has been their 4 years.
I think you can do the math on that one.

-2-
This upcoming week is going to be bi-zee. A Christmas dinner tomorrow night, and a Christmas party on Tuesday, Thursday AND Friday of next week.
How do you say YIKES & Yay for the same things?!

-3-
I heart sending Christmas cards. Really I do. But my Christmas card list is rather lengthy, and so I find that rather than taking on the daunting task, it's easier to just cop out to "I'm really busy and it's rather expensive."
I just can't become one of THOSE people {my apologies if you are one}. You know, the people who send Christmas cards....
....but only SIGN the card??
No letter, no picture...nothin'.
What is the point, I ask you?! What is.the.point.

-4-
This morning we're praying for a man in my in-laws church. At 10:45am, He is having brain surgery to remove a large, very aggressive tumor from the right side of his brain.
I guess I can't even fathom being in his shoes. On Wednesday, he presented to the ER because he had been very very sick, and for whatever reason they performed a CT scan.
48 hours later, brain surgery. Father of 5. Two of which are still in HS. Their middle daughter was in my cabin at camp a few years back. Great family.
Pray for Barry today, please.
"This is the day that the LORD has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." Ps. 118:24
{The verse that Barry has been sharing with those around him these last 2 days....I'm not confident that would be the first verse I would go to were I in his shoes.}

-5-
This weekend *crossmyfingers*, we will be moving Hayden to a toddler bed. {sad}
I refuse to have 3 cribs at my house, so consquently, when we need the other two to prevent Owen & Silas from killing each other in their sleep....this is the route we go to next.

-6-
We started cereal with the boys this past week. OOOh boy.
Maybe this is in my 'perfect world' part of my brain....but for some reason, I do not remember it being so difficult and hard for Hayden to catch on to.
Maybe because there was only one of him?
I do not know, but I think I put a bib on Hayden maybe two times?
I'm kind of a glutton for punishment like that...
But this time around.....I think I NEED a bib or a raincoat, too.....HAH!


-7-
I am officially on a 'diet'. Have you ever been on a 'diet'? It's where you know that it's time to do something about that nagging waistline and the horrible pictures you now take because you blubber everywhere....{rabbit trailing} particularly my face...I really gain weight in my face....
But you know that this is no time to be 'diet'. Reminder: FOUR Christmas parties in one week's time. Oy vey.
I'm coming back, Jillian. I'm coming back.

Happy weekend everyone! 21 days til Christmas!

9 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

You must have been lucky with Hayden on the cereal thing -- a bib was a necessity for Lily until she got the hang of it -- and it took awhile! Silas and Owen are normal :)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Oh and yay for 40 hour work weeks! Praying for that to continue...

Anonymous said...

4. The same thing happened to my Aunt. She felt completely fine, cept a few months before complained that she woke up a lot during the night but attributed it to menopause. Then one day she fainted at work. They found an inoperable brain tumor.

So scary how things can change in an instant :-/ My prayers are with him.

Joel said...

I'll pray for you Katie - I hate diets because they're so hard! Maybe you should wait until January 1st? This is the worst time for not eating sweets :( I just feel you'll miss out on so much!
I started Laney on cereal too - and if I didn't use a bib she would be covered in it. I've thought about feeding her in her diaper :)

Unknown said...

What kind of parties are these? Family, friend, church, work? I'm just a curious friend...

As far as feeding Jack goes, he doesn't usually need a bi when I feed him but he ALWAYS does when Ethan feeds him. It comical...

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Would you believe they are all church? Oh my.
Church officers, Church ladies, Church Young Married ladies, Church youth.
I need a dessert idea for church officers....currently accepting any and all ideas. Need it by the end of the day ;)

Emily said...

Wow, that's a big move from crib to bed! Hope it goes well!

Anonymous said...

I am so with you on the weight loss deal, except whereas your babies are 6 mos. mine is almost 4, so what's my excuse?

I decided not to torture myself during December since there would be so much food and get-togethers and what not. But come January... it's ON!

Michelle said...

i SO get what you mean about the Christmas cards.

Christmas & diet do not go together! I'm finding that out the hard way HA!