I have to admit, when I typed my MM& M post for this past Monday, I was nervous.
Like, whoa. Nervous.
I hate being vulnerable. I hate 'putting myself out there'.
As untrue as it really is, I'd much rather people think that I've really got it figured out.
Truth is, I don't.
Not . even. close.
If you really knew what my heart was like sometimes most days,
you would probably be vomitous.
you would probably be vomitous.
But, I was more than pleasantly surprised by the responses I received.
After a couple of hours of silence & *crickets chirping in the background*,
I think I received the biggest bloggy gift ever. Understanding and graciousness.
So, THANK YOU to all who were empathetic and not like 'Whoa...she was stuuu-pid!'
I know I'm not the only one to make stupid mistakes, but sometimes you just feel like it.
A few weeks ago, a bloggy friend posted a music video of a song that has now been racing through my head for the past however long it has been.
Pretty much my current new favorite song.
Pretty much my current new favorite song.
The attitude that Christ has towards us:
"Our sin doesn't shock you, our shame doesn't shame you at ALL."
Unfortunately, quite often, I am not so gracious. Not nearly Christ-like. I am more shocked by sin and secrets sometimes than He is.
Not cool, Katie, not cool.
I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.
Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods.
–Psalm 40:1-4
Let's just say......I have a long way to go. A long, long way.















4 comments:
One of the biggest life lessons we learned {especially while serving in church ministry} was accepting the phrase a minister once told us, "People are people and as long as there are people, they will be people." We used to jokingly follow that with, "Aren't you glad you're not a people?" Ha! Truth is, we are all human...
So true, Katie.
Yay for loving responses!
If we were perfect, there'd be no need for a Savior!
P.S. I don't know why I always notice people's ads but I do -- your Google ad is for Coke. I think that's quite ironic considering your deep love for Pepsi ;)
Well said, Amy.
Mine shows Iowa Hawkeye Football. That's really more legit ;)
I'm right there with ya on having a long, long way to go. I'm so thankful for a God full of mercy...I need Him so!
Post a Comment